India needs to get this sh*t under control.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/india-police-3-sisters-aged-5-1-raped-killed-article-1.1269629

There is no level of punishment severe enough for scum like that. Execution is far too kind.

With a population of over a billion I doubt this will change soon (if ever)

This is not much different than what happened at Sandy Hook. Only difference is that here the perp ends up killing himself/herself, in India they flee. There must be hundreds of thousands of such scumbags roaming around India since its a lot easier to ‘disappear’ in a country where there is hardly any record of you existing.

I blame item numbers.

The punishment should be legalized torture of the most inhumane way imaginable. On top of using a rusty hacksaw

OTOH, I don’t recall seeing an Indian version of Adam Lanza in the news…

Perhaps US needs to get some shit under control too.

Yeah, one instance versus how many violent high profile murder rapes in the past two months? And why are they all so gruesome?

Here’s your Indian Adam Lanza (who had a psychiatric history):

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57570491/at-least-12-dead-in-india-bomb-blasts/

That happened today.

Yeah, in India in order to obtain a permit to own any firearm the prospective owner must prove there exists a “threat to life” and even then there are all sorts of restrictions with regard to types of guns that someone can own.

I’m sure somebody will bring up the terrorist attacks in India, which used assault rifles (IIRC), but they didn’t pull those assault rifles out of their mom’s closet (I mean, at least keep it in an unaccessible safe, gosh).

Wait? Are you saying people that kill innocent people used assault rifles even though they were illegal?!?

Agree with that. Especially when your kid’s a nut. I guess the problem is people just assume it won’t be their kid.

Gun violence is relatively low in India. Thankfully laws are extremely restrictive, god knows what would happen otherwise.

These terrorist attacks didn’t use assault rifles.

Yes, I know, the AR popped up from a separate point.

Rusty Hacksaw. Respect.

India need mass production of cheap device to prevent rapes as in the link:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/01/new-watch-could-help-reduce-rape-in-india/

Or at least, some kind of one button loud bipper, that sound non-stop until deactivated.

The watch is BS, can poor Indian women really afford that?

As for the beeper, I’ve heard that women should yell “Fire” instead of “Help me” because people are more likely to respond.

Also, when was the last time you actually called the cops because a car alarm went off? The same thing will happen with beepers.

Life in general population would be far worse then execution for someone convicted of this crime.

That’s an assault rifle in his hand;

http://seeker401.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/terrorist_mumbai_attack_bluffmaster.jpg

That was a different attack buddy. And those rifles were not from India. (As far as we know).

What difference does it make where the gun comes from? It’s still in India, being used.

You don’t think there are people importing guns into India to sell illegally? I live in Canada which is a far safer and less corrupt country and all it really takes to get a fully automatic chinese made AK like that is a few phone calls and about $2k.

Wait, why is this even wirth discussing? Fucked up shit happens all the time, all around the world, there’s no point in getting upset about it. Rapes and murders happen all the time in the United States, so why single out India?

Uhm. We’re discussing one terrorist attack, and you bring up one from 4 years ago.

As for why it matters, it matters a lot, in the attack you refer to, it was a highly trained team of terrorists trained by Pakistani SF who hijacked a vessel in the Indian Ocean and navigated down to Mumbai where they launched their attack.

Not a normal attack, to equate the two is a terrible strawman, these terrorist attacks are not the same as average gun violence or deranged mass shooters like Adam Lanza or Mr Joker. Unless you have a political agenda or a desire to look badass on here by impressing us with your vast experience M&A in’g on the buyside with guns.