India needs to get this sh*t under control.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/16/washington.acid.attack/index.html

In America, it was her own fault, stupid.

Yo son, FYI, I be M&A’in on the buyside in all respects 24/7/365. Elevate yo’ game, be better not bitter.

Don’t worry. “Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”

Stricter rules, punishments are they the solution? I am not sure and I dont know either - but I agree something needs to be done!

I am teaching my son to be a human being first (also behaving myself as one all the time) and sending my wife to self defence classes. I think thats all as a responsible man I can do!

Sure, that’s what Paul says the Lord saith. Paul was one of the most unmerciful persecutors of the early Christians before being converted to Christianity by the risen Lord. Seems to be a very self-serving statement if you ask me.

Wrong. Yes, Paul quoted that line in Romans, but he was quoting Deuteronomy 32:35. Hence “it is written” and not, “I’m Paul and this is what I’m saying the Lord said” - how Paul stood to be judged was between Paul and his diety, and largely irrelevant to it’s truthiness. Anyhow, Paul’s quote wasn’t intended to be vengeful and harsh (although the quote in Deuteronomy was), it was written as seen below to mean people should be forgiving and leave judgement to God. With an emphasis on the former.

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath , for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

Anyhow, I was on the biblical studies and theology track for awhile in my undergrad (Messiah College). Not a religious guy these days, but respect those who are and definitely correct a lot of misinformation (you’d be suprised the general level of ignorance among Christians regarding the Bible).

USA is worse for crime than India…

What about all the killings in the primary schools late last year…USA needs to sort themselves out too.

If you believe this, I have swampland in florida to sell you. Studies show the majority of Indian crime is unreported and unpunished.

You mean that one time? You’re isolating one event versus a spree of violent rapes in India. A country who’s people admit it’s a large scale problem and studys are showing the amount of unreported rapes are off the charts.

"Rape in India has been described by Radha Kumar as one of India’s most common crimes against women[1] and by the UN’s human-rights chief as a “national problem”.[2] In the 1980s, women’s rights groups lobbied for marital rape to be declared unlawful, as until 1983, the criminal law (amendment) act stated that “sexual intercourse by a man with his own wife, the wife not being under fifteen years of age is not rape”. Marital rape is now illegal in India but is still widespread.[3] While per-capita reported incidents are quite low compared to other countries, even developed countries,[4][5][note 1] official sources show that rape cases in India have doubled between 1990 and 2008.[6] According to the National Crime Records Bureau, 24,206 rape cases were registered in India in 2011, although experts agree that the number of unreported cases is much higher.[7] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India

Such crimes are routine in this country, where researchers estimate that anywhere from 25,000 to 100,000 women a year are killed over dowry disputes. Many are burned alive in a particularly grisly form of retribution.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/world/asia/in-rapes-aftermath-india-debates-violence-against-women.html

^ Rape is a problem yes.

murder,gun violence,arson and anything else america is far far ahead.

Not sure I agree with that. With gun violence sure, but we’ve had those discussions here. But at least with those discussions you don’t see people making excuses pointing to rape in India. We actually discuss the problem, unlike what’s happening here. I find that both telling and infuriating.

I didn’t se anyone making excuses for rape, or denying that India has a problem.

And no, US is not worse as far as crime goes; because US stats are far more believable than Indian ones (or Russian or Mexican or any non-English-speaking non-Western-European country.)

Having said all that, US does have a higher level of gun violence (not necessarily criminal) simply because it has more guns per capita. Maybe just as many people die of knife-stabbings in Mexico (per capita), but who knows?

Saying “India need to get this sh*t under control” sort of implies that you think that US has its shit totally under control, and that’s just not true. As far as ordinary (non-Mafia) crime goes, Japan probably has the most sphincter control.

^ See, I’ll agree with that.

Respect.

Still self-serving for Paul.

The laundry list of Indian problems is endless. The western media is only just beginning to call India out on “some” of its problems.

The truth is, in India, you can commit a crime and get away with it almost every time so long as it is the right type of crime. You rob a bank, the cops will arrest you. That kind of thing gets you in trouble in India. But a bit of eve teasing? Well, that was given a pass until recently. Bribing is another perfectly acceptable crime in India.

I think that’s an extremely simplistic view, but if it makes you feel happy I guess…

I had to google eve teasing.

See what I mean? That they even have a euphemism for the word “rape” gives you an idea.

More gang raping

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/03/16/world/asia/ap-as-india-tourist-gang-rape.html

Oh no, a foreigner. Indians hate it when this happens. It invites so much more international scrutiny when you rape a foreign chick.

Make India look bad in the foreign press and your screwed.