"The Wolf of Wall Street" -- starring Leonardo DiCaprio

From Academy Award winning director Martin Scorsese comes The Wolf of Wall Street, starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszwuX1AK6A]

From Wikipedia:

_ The Wolf of Wall Street is an upcoming biographical comedy-drama crime film directed by Martin Scorsese, based on the memoir of the same name by Jordan Belfort. The screenplay was written by Terence Winter, and the film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Belfort, along with other cast members including Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, and Matthew McConaughey, among others. The Wolf of Wall Street will make a fifth collaboration between Scorsese and DiCaprio._

The film is set to be released in 2013, and will tell the story of a New York stockbroker, played by DiCaprio, who refuses to cooperate in a large securities fraud case involving corruption on Wall Street, the corporate banking world and mob infiltration.

Fck Jordan!

Seems that we’ve got 5 more months to wait…

“The Wolf of Wall Street will be released on 15 November in the US and 17 January 2014 in the UK”

I always thought the title was a turnoff. Just seems awkward.

I’m still waiting for the movies about Madoff, Kweku, Greg Smith…

I am looking forward to this - become quite the DiCaprio fan over the last few years.

I hope it’s better than Assault on Wall Street.

Another movie where we all secretly hope to be DiCaprio one day. The guy is balla’ personified.

I wonder if he dies in this movie too.

I wonder if he will finally get the award he deserves for this movie too.

I grew up with all the girls liking him in high school due to the titanic - bc of this i naturally considered him a threat and hated him. As years passed I watched the beach, gangs of ny, the departed, blood diamond, and one of my favs body of lies. Nothing but respect for the guy now and im looking forward to an awesome movie with the wolf of ws.

He was good in Django and Gatsby.

SPOILER ALERT

When I made the comment above, I didn’t know he died in the Great Gatsby too.

Who’s seen it? How was it?

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vhYdwtm9-Y]

76% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, which is pretty good.

It’s next on my list. Expectations are high.

From a purely entertainment standpoint, the movie was excellent. 3 hrs of non-stop action and craziness. But from a nitty and gritty finance standpoint, it leaves alot to be desired. It’s not a movie like Margin Call which shows the intricacies of finance etc…but IMO its more like a mix between The Hangover and Boiler Room.

This movie will be very offensive to many people. The lifestyle Belfort lives is just crazy, but hey thats how some people live when they have a crap load of money. Leo’s performance was amazing, 10/10.

Overall, I’d give the movie an 8.5/10. Very entertaining but for someone deeply interested in capital markets the movie is dumbed down. I can see lots of young bucks getting caught up in the craziness of the lifestyle that is portrayed, and miss the entire point of the movie.

What a model citizen…

Restitution[edit]

According to federal prosecutors, Belfort has failed to live up to the restitution requirement of his 2003 sentencing agreement. The agreement requires him to pay 50% of his income towards restitution to the 1,513 clients he defrauded. Of the $11.6 million that has been recovered by Belfort’s victims, $10.4 million of the total is the result of the sale of forfeited properties. The sentencing agreement mandates a total of $110 million in restitution.[11]

In October 2013, federal prosecutors filed a complaint that Belfort, who had income of $1,767,209 from the publication of his two books and the sale of the movie rights, plus an additional $24,000 from motivational speaking since 2007, paid restitution of only $243,000 over the past four years. The government is currently not holding Belfort in default of his payments in order to keep negotiations open, but it is unclear when the full amount of the mandated restitution will be repaid.[12]

Totally agree. The movie followed his books nearly to a T. Enter greedy fckin’ finance majors from hacksaw universities who want to keep the frat party going past graduation. I can see a cespool of recruits hitting the street in the near future who think Wall Street and the financial service industry is full of blow, blow j0bs, easy women, and easy money.

I will say my favorite part is when Mad Max is introduced. His acting execution matches his introduction in the book flawlessly.

Mark Hanna’s chest beating was pretty entertaining. I would recommend seeing this one with your boys to avoid any thought inceptions in your girls head.

Yes, this^^^^^^^^^^. If your girl knows nothing about Wall Street don’t let her see this movie. Even if your not doing dirt this movie will still make her insecure and fill her mind with poisonous suspicion.

Sidenote: I must say Margot Robbie is absolutely gorgeous. I fell in love with her in that movie