So where did the plane go?

It’s been 3 days since MH370 gone missing… it’s becoming a very strange (and beyond scary) incident.

What do you think happened to the plane?

There were no evidence of explosion detected (yet), and no scraps were found from the plane.

I hope people on the plan went to a better place, safe and sound.

NANA

It is weird. The thing that gets me is the two guys who boarded with stolen passports. I have trouble getting on with a one way ticket. It goes to show you that 90% of people are terrible at their jobs.

I think nearly 100% certain it went into the water. But it is a complete mystery why it fell out of the sky. Unlike the Air France flight 5 years ago which continued to transmit some information, this one just vanished. No signs of distress, no explosions, no nothing.

dont the black boxes have a gps inside and emit signal?

My understanding is that they emit a signal to rescue teams to help locating them. But you first have to be in range.

Only because the water is shallower. With AF, they located a tail section pretty soon after the accident. Here they have nothing.

I hope they escaped to start a utopian society like in The Beach:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0163978

Not a bad movie overall, though some parts near the end get a little strange. Makes me wish I traveled a little more as a younger fellow.

my coworker said this sounds like the the plot from LOST, i didnt get it because i never watched the show

I’m also pretty sure it went into the water. The black boxes would have emitted GPS signals and they would have zoned in by now if it was a land crash. Water crashes may leave debris on the surface, but with the massive amount of water surface to search… wil ltake a while…

I wonder if they successfully made a soft landing into the water and then sunk due to leaks. That would I think explain the lack of wreckage.

Triple-7s don’t go completely “dark” at 35,000 feet and then make soft landings in the ocean. If the plane was under control, there would have been some kind of distress call before impact.

Yeah I was thinking Lost too. Worth watching the first episode at least on Netflix if you’ve never seen it. I think at the time it was the most expensive episode of a tv show ever made. The first few episodes really suck you in. Just don’t stay watching after season 4. You’ll regret it!

Mariana Trench. Good luck finding it.

I liked all the seasons. It eventually had to end (hence the last few seasons putting things together and making connections). I imagine I would’nt have liked it enough if I didn’t binge watch it, because there is too much to forget from season to season otherwise

^ I hated it after a point.

Started as something and then went somewhere else. They hadn’t thought it through. I gave up when they turned the wheel and the island disappeared.

At some point, it’s probably just not worth the extra effort. China and Malaysia are probably not very concerned about airplane terrorism. They do not want to spend hundreds of millions of dollars searching for a small number of people - most likely illegal immigrants - with fake travel documents. Air travel in that region is still quite pleasant. You don’t get groped/scanned/probed by TSA, and airline staff treat you well and are not clearly miserable. Plane tickets are also much cheaper than in the US, and part of this is due to lower overhead costs.

As for where the plane went - that’s really weird. I am thinking that they probably tried to fly back to Malaysia or maybe some other airport, and then went down somewhere far away from their initial route.

My theory is that the plane exploded (most likely due to terrorism, 777s don’t just explode for no reason). Becuase the plane was moving at such a high rate of speed and at a high altitude, the plane debris must be scattered for many miles in the water. Some plane parts will float, but it’s basically looking for a needle in a haystack at this point.

A sudden explosion is the only way to justify the lack of distress calls from the pilots.

One theory I heard (from a comment after an article on some site) was that the plane cabin might have been depressurized at 35000ft in the air killing everyone instantaenously causing the plane to continue flying in a straight projectory until it ran out of gas, which would mean that the search and rescue teams might be thousands of miles off.

The plan could be in the Arctic Ocean who knows…

Except now we’re hearing there is military radar evidence that the plane turned back and may have actually continued to the west coast of Malaysia. One primary search area now is the Adaman Sea, which means they have pretty good intel this didn’t just spontaneously destruct mid-air. We’re talking several hundred miles off the planned flight path.

It’s likely the plane is toast at this point, but this sounds more like there is a human element to this rather than just a mechanical failure.

This has happened before, but a plane at 35,000 feet would stil be visible on radar. The fact that civilian radar stopped tracking the plane means it either crashed or was flying below the radar’s range. That’s a pretty populated area of the world and civilian radar coverage would be good. Unlikely a depressurization.