5 Misconceptions about Pooping

Misconception No. 1: Daily pooping is normal, and optimal.

Misconception No. 2: It’s supposed to smell bad.

Misconception No. 3: The colon needs a good flushing.

Misconception No. 4: Taking your time is healthy.

Misconception No. 5: More pooping leads to more weight loss

I’m sure at least one person will take issue with Misconception No. 3. Here’s the full article for you to enjoy over lunch:

http://news.yahoo.com/poop-pooping-5-misconceptions-explained-132823892.html

Blasphemy!

Here is my beef with the pooping article.

Sure, one would not need to blow out their colon if they eat regular balanced meals full of non GMO grown graings/fruits/veggies and free range meat products. This is not the case. Food is now grown in a lab/controlled environment full of preservatives, colors, and other ingrediants.

Worst yet, those who do not eat healthy and go to McSht, nuke a microwave lunch, or break open a bag of chips, are getting all sorts of ‘extras’ in their meal that they didn’t bargain for. This is not how nature intended us to renourish our bodies. You can’t tell me that this modified way of comsuming food is not hurting our bodies. Therefore I stand behind my power of oneness post and give me body a nice shake up now and again to reset the digestive track fresh.

Why do you need to blow out your colon? I thought intestines are “first in, first out”. So, the contents would naturally turn around over time, even if you always have some net “inventory”.

^ Lot of residue sticks around. This article claims it doesn’t, but I find it hard to believe our bodies can digest preservatives with ease like it would with an apple.

I like to shit at work, especially when work shits on me. It’s like they’re paying me to take a shit.

I feel like I should weigh in here with something witty.

Good start :smiley:

There is no way that taking a shit only 3 times a week is “normal”. I’m easily looking at 21 a week.

It’s unnatural not to crap at least once a day, I don’t care what anyone else says.

AnalystForum. Study together. Pass together. Poop together.

^ Sorry, I poop alone.

I didn’t realize anyone did it daily. I eat fairly healthy. Not in the sense of only salads, but I avoid fried foods, greasy foods, pasta, etc. I eat what I want, I just don’t even consider certain sections of the menu. I eat deserts sparingly. Anyway, when I break my rules and eat one of those categories, I can definetly tell the difference when I use the bathroom. It’s actually a deterent for me, because I physically feel ill when I eat a lot of the stuff I used to consume regularly.

^ I poop pretty much every 20 - 30 hours.

Since we’re sharing, once or twice a day for me. Can go three days if traveling, diet change, shitter availability, etc.

I thought I was a freak for pooping once every other day. I’m glad I’m not alone.

With me, it depends a lot on my coffee intake. Coffee tends to make me go. If I don’t have coffee, I can go for a few days. But then once I get some, it all comes out in a hurry.

The best was when I was studying for my CFA exams and I’d take adderall with my coffee. Better than Oxy powder!

I crap 2-3 times a day. No one poops better than me either.

This, except the last part, challenge accepted.

Anyone want to play BattleShit?