Is it weird to get massage from a dude?

I mean a professional massage, not just your buddy comes and rubs you.

^Happy ending?

Of course not :wink:

Not at all. In fact, I prefer dudes, NO HOMO! A true massage is not a sexually erotic experience, but a way to decompress deep muscle tension that requires strong hands to properly administer the release of those embedded toxins. The petite manicured fingers of a stereotypical bimbo massusse just doesn’t cut it.

My back could sure use some work now that I think of it. I may have to get an appointment somewhere.

did anyone else just get a sudden recall of the FRIENDS episode where Ross has to massage the old dude?

Not weird at all

i don’t know, one time this 5-foot 50 year old woman put me through the ringer. it was the most painful thing I’ve ever experinced - elbows and 110 pounds is all it takes. then she did some jedi shit and found this one spot on my shoulder blade where all she had to do was put her thumb on it and she put me in tears. i think she was a witch.

I generally prefer women for this, but if you’re straight and not looking for a happy ending, there’s nothing wrong with a having a guy do it. If your muscles are very knotted up, sometimes the guy can apply more force more easily than the woman can.

However, guys tend to have larger fingers, and when my back or legs are knotted, I’ve found that women can be more precise in undoing the knots if they know what they are doing.

I confess it does feel a little odd being mostly undressed for an extended period in front of a another guy who is not a physician, but I realize that’s just my own insecurities talking. and as long as he does a good job with the massage, I generally forget about it after the first few minutes.

I know you said you wanted some work on your back, but let me tell you about someone who does a good job on feet.

Down on 3rd street between MacDougal and 6th avenue, there’s a place called “Best Chinese foot rub.” Across the street from the Blue Note, more or less, a little closer to MacDougal and down some stairs. An hour there is $50, plus they give you a $10 gift certificate (at least until June, I think) for your next visit. That’s effectively $40/hr plus tip.

They’re not so great on backs (they won’t do damage, but I’m just not impressed with the benefits), but they are AWESOME with feet. And it’s amazing how a full hour on your feet will make the rest of your body feel great.

For a cheap guy (said with respect) like yourself, that’s a great place.

The only chiropractors I’ve been to have been guys, I think. Never had a pro massage. Every time I go to the chiro, they comment on how tense my muscles are, though that could be because I’m stubborn and only go to the chiro when I have to slide my way out of bed.

We might have had the same woman. She ruined it for me for years!

Haha this happened to me once in Tokyo. I was getting a shiatsu massage and this frail 80 year old woman walked into the room – I was like pfffffft, what is grandma Miyoko going to do?

Holy s–t, I had to tap out half way through the massage, it was the most brutal massage I’ve ever had and to make it worse she started laughing at me for being a pussy about it. At one point she was up on the table grinding her boney knee into my back so hard that I had tears in my eyes. I was sore for 3 days and actually had bruises on my back. I like a firm massage but that was over the line.

Haha. Similar experience.

Is there something you want to tell us?

Everybody’s tense according to the chiro. They’re talking their book…Amatuers.

^ Exactly. It’s like asking a car salesman whether you need to change your car.

No, of course it’s not. I’ve had massages by women and it never occurred to me there would be anything weird about it. But you should be comfortable during your massage, so if it bothers you, go with a masseuse.

Not weird, especially if it’s for a sports therapy massage or PT.

On another note, the best massage I have ever gotten was at the Wat Pho Thai Massage School in Bangkok, right next to the temple with the reclining buddha. I think the price was like $30 USD an hour, and I would have stayed there all day and night if I could have. Actually, I was pretty miserable leaving Bangkok until…

The second best massage I got was from a business school classmate. We were good friends (and friends only), as we had spent parts of first year backpacking with a group of mutual friends through various parts of South America.

Anyway, after doing a consulting summer internship, she spent the next four weeks at the aforementioned massage school in Bangkok to improve her massage skills. She had a longstanding interest in massage therapy which somehow never came up in any prior conversations. Anyway, when she came back for second year of business school, she mentioned that she wanted to keep up with her Thai massage skills so that she wouldn’t forget what she learned.

Suffice it to say, I was delighted to “volunteer” myself to be her massage test subject on a weekly basis. I think that experience alone justified my second year MBA tuition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsO7HJxTnY

NSFW, Borat getting a massage