NYC Memorial Day... Anyone in NYC want to hang out and not study today?

I can’t bring myself to crack the books today. Anyone know of anything fun to do this weekend in NYC? Or even something lame?

Go take a trampoline class at Pier 40 and bounce right back to your books :slight_smile:

Weak. You dont quit until you cross finish line

Trampoline looks really fun! But Pier 40 area is Fleet Weeked out for a few more days. I’m shy, so I don’t handle crowds well.

Nothing like walking through Central Park on Memorial Day, watching people with their CFAI CBOK Books open, thinking “Thank God I don’t have to do that anymore.”

Memorial Day is a special holiday for all CFA Veterans.

^ Indeed.

+2

I can’t wait to (hopefully) have that feeling next year.

End of the exam marks the true beginning of summer for me. I refuse to do anything but drink by the pool and do other outdoorsy things, the bare minimum of work, and chill from June 8th until Labor Day.

I should do that. just for the feeling of doing so

Going to VIP later; come get trashed.

Going to VIP later; come get trashed.

Now i remember the days i had to study for CFA, as the most free and easy days i’ve had

Haha I am heading there now. I’ll be watching out for them!

I played bball for an hour today in the great weather only to cut my play early to go back inside. My friends asked why i would do this to myself, in which i replied …silence lol. My brain is so useless i cant even put together coherent sentences unless it is reciting some formula i probably will never use.

I hope one day to look back at these days with nostolgia but as of now i am constantly hating on the asians and indians who dedicate 8+ hours a day in which i must keep up with. (As & Is, ill love you guys come 6/8)

When I say I’m on L3 vs the people in my office on 1 or 2 and people ask me why I’m taking it. All I can say is so that I can be done with it.

In most years the exam would be next weekend, so quit your bitchin and get back to the mocks! In all seriousness, this has been one of the most carefree springs I’ve had in a while and it feels great. I only feel sorry for the people studying during lunch break or on the subway ride home.

All this studying is worth it, since the CFA charter gives you an instant 2x increase in salary and great credibility in casual conversation with friends and strangers… right?

^ maybe if you’re Ohai.

It’s worth it because it guarantees investment out performance… uh, what?

Wait how come my profile says Charterholder and ohai’s says CFA Charterholder? Did I earn the non-CFA Charter?