Do you believe when a guy says he is very shy with girls?

Confident, ugly guy = creep

Unconfident, good looking guy = mysterious

Reply to him with this exact message: “Stop being a god damn pussy and go out with the cute girl who wants to hang out with you.”

(End of public service announcement.)

pics or he doesn’t exist?

A man asking women for advice about women is the worst idea ever (no one understands women, including other women).

However, a woman asking men for advice about men is a valid exercise. You’ve come to the right place.

To me this guy sounds like he might be a bit of a shut in and legitimately shy / awkward with women. He is probably making his best effort here, although it’s painful to read.

I basically think ohai is right and this guy is really hoping you will make the first move because he lacks experience / confidence / a functioning set of testicles. If you like him, I would say give him a chance, although this is probably going to get annoying soon.

Also, I strongly disagree with this statement:

“Plus, ok we know you will have to do this and that in the weekend, but jogging with a girl takes you like 20 min.”

If you do it right, jogging with a girl will take way longer than 20 minutes. BOWCHICKAWOWOW

Yeah, that was painful to read and I just got angry half way through. If dude was my friend, I would kick his ass.

Agree 100%. The best way to know what a woman is attracted to is to see which type of men she agrees to go out with. There is usually a pattern. If she says she likes sweet, nice, sensitive men but rejects them and instead brings alpha, macho men into her bedroom, you have your answer right in front of you. Actions speak louder than words.

give this to him tomorrow and walk away

What is this?

Not rlly, sometimes it’s not only about the looks. It’s also about if the person shows up in the right place, at the right time… smiley

Thank you!! I know I am not the one who has problems…!!

If you have to ask, you don’t want to know LOL!!!

World’s tiniest hacksaw, “For those times when you need a conveniently sized hacksaw on the go…” HAHAHAHA

still no idea…am i too ignorant or what. any hint?

^You will learn in time, perhaps you are not ready yet.

jogging takes longer than 20 minutes. he has to get dressed, meet you, jog twenty minutes, go home, shower, get dressed… he may be busy that day. You obviously aren’t in feh-nance

Girl he sounds like a good guy. Do you really want someone who’s so thirsty he’ll wait for you to be done with class at night? So what? So he could walk you home? So he might be invited in?

Or do you want someone who has his priorities in order, like choosing to stick with his pre-made plans to get his citizenships sorted? Making plans a week ahead isn’t weird at all. If he has enough initiative to try and make plans after work the following week, then it’s on you. He just made that first move you were looking for. Yeah it might not be aggressive as you like but hey at least you’re not a booty call. Or if that’s what you’re looking for (and nothing wrong with that)…jogging?? Why not call it what it is?

Btw Sakura Momoko is one of my favorite essayists and is totally my role model. I grew up watching maruchan and I’m from Shizuoka too so I totally have this feeling of affinity with her but…she doesn’t know who I am. :frowning:

This guy’s a little weird if you ask me. I wouldn’t let tiredness prevent me from going out with a girl that I really liked. Some guys don’t like to ask first because of fear of rejection, if you really like the guy just tell him you want to go out for a date.

Please tell me you’re a woman.

Want my 0.02 on this one ?

In general, what women *really* want is a man who doesn’t give a flying fuck about figuring out what women want.

Most of the “advice on figuring out what women want” that I read about on the net sound like a list from Men’s Health or some other crap, and will turn any man into some boring, predictable and artificial robot.

Men should just be more authentic, bold, playful, spontaneous and yes I am going to say it - selfish, as well as learn to not give a fuck.

Well, I’ve been out of the dating scene for close to a decade now. But I’ll admit to being shy with girls–that I don’t know. I don’t know how to approach an attractive girl and talk to her and ask her out.

But I never had a problem talking to girls that I already knew. I met my wife through a mutual friend, so I already knew her fairly well when we started dating. I never had a problem asking her out, or going out with her.

That being said, there’s nothing wrong with you making the first move. I don’t know if I’d take such a bold approach as Ohai mentioned, but I do like the idea of you taking the ball on this one.