Kids

Anyone here has 3+? Can’t play man to man D when you go 3, how do you handle it?

Switch to zone.

Bring on a second wife.

When it is 3+, you don’t need to handle it, they will handle you.

We’ve three.

Our daughter (the youngest) helped keep her brothers in check.

They’re 33, 30, and 28 now. No handling necessary for the last 10 years or so.

Hopefully 1 & 2 are old enough to look after 3. Normal progression allows for this usually . Twins or triplets is a death sentence. In that case get 3 rd party help otherwise you’re fooked.

get a wet nanny

You just don’t know how hard it is, Phoebe. There’s just so many of them. Y’know, two I could handle. Two’s great. You just hold one in each hand. But what do I do when the third one runs at me with his bike helmet on? I got no more hands to protect my area. There’s three of them, Pheobe, three.

CSK…good luck. I agree, hopefully at least one kid is old enough to be able to look after themselves or help out a little.

My kids are really young (almost 3 and 16 months, so I have first hand experience).

2 is enough for me. Have friend with 2 sets of twins born less than 2 years apart. He was a broken man for several years (now he’s just broke).

I have 3 (ages 5, 3 and 1). No help from either set of grandparents due to location/age, but we manage. It is absolute chaos at my house but loads of fun (I wouldn’t have it any other way).

Regarding how we manage, I wouldn’t say it is any harder than having two (or even one for that matter). We’re constantly busy (as are the majority of parents regardless of the number of children) and keep our two oldest as involved as possible (swimming, soccer, lacrosse, etc.). My wife is a teacher so luckily she is home around the holidays and throughout the summer.

My family had 4 kids. The solution was to get hired help, and then ship some of the kids to boarding school at the earliest convenience.

My old man had 3+ and he hardly had to say anything, he would just give the look of don’t f around and that was enough.

Love it.

I feel like we should revisit this statement.

Twin babies here. Yesterday they were groggy after getting their vaccinations and didnt wake up every 2 hours as usual. I got 4 straight hours of sleep from 2am-6am and woke up feeling the most refreshed I’ve been in months. For those of you that brag about only getting 4 hours of sleep for a few night at a time and thinking that means youre hardcore, try existing on 2-3 hours of sleep every day, 7 days a week, for 6-12 months straight. If that gives you any idea what life is like with twins.

6-12 months? Kids should be sleeping through the night around month 3. You’ve got it rough bud.

I’m afraid that is incorrect although it seems to be a fairly commonly held misconception. There is no average baby and saying a baby at a give age ‘should’ do X, Y, Z is just wrong. Some babies can sleep 6 hours in a row from birth. Some babies won’t sleep 6 hours in a row at 18 months. That’s not because the first baby’s parents are doing anything better. All babies are different just like all adults are different. Some need/want more sleep than others.

It sounds like iheartmath just has a couple of poor sleepers on his hands. Bad luck, but assuming they are otherwise fit, healthy and happy then not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

This