wellness thread

Seeing as we all figured out that being a BSD 1 percenter doesn’t solve all your problems and make you happy, what are you guys doing to reach true happyness and well being? Some of mine include:

• Getting my fitness on- specfically cardio
  • Eating clean
  • Volunteer work
  • No Fap
  • Traveling
  • Golfing/being outside
  • Good/healthy relationship and friends

What else do you guys have? I think having a dog is a good one too.

Some of the things that I thought would be rewarding (nice car, clothes, pad, casual sex and etc) really aren’t, or maybe they’re just taken for granted.

I’ve been trying to go outside my comfort zone lately and try new things. I went swimming in the ocean a few nights ago at midnight (completely dark and the water was freezing), i tried salsa dancing for the first time (i hate and respect you guys who have the skills), tried a cooking class, and may continue to do new things on a weekly basis. I honestly think you’ll get the most satisfaction learning new experiences with people of similar values. Let me know how it goes

^ Your life starts when your comfort zone ends.

I also like to try new things…

^ when i was in canadia i tried a nuru massage. it was so freakin amazin

The lady friend has me trying this paleo thing…Day 2 - will report back.

Also, I think being in a competitive league for some athletic activity is big for me. I play in a soccer league and the physical competition is something I miss when I’m not doing it regularly.

my wellness activities since obtaining the charter:

-regulate sleep cycle to ensure that i get 7.5 hours of sleep a night and I go to sleep and wake up at the same time.

-Taken up running with an ultimate aim to run a 3 hour marathon next year.

-Reading more and watching screens less.

-Spend more time outdoors, mountain biking, walking etc.

For whatever reason I’ve become a lot less materialistic, bought a very expensive car earlier in the year and it’s not given me as much pleasure as I expected. no longer bothered about watches, cufflinks and other shiny things. On the flipside I’m spending more money on comfort and convenience, like business class flights, good hotels etc. because my tolerance has gone down quite a bit, hoping the cardio, sleep etc will help that.

^Which car? I started Stronglifts 5x5. Squatting 3x a week is my wellness routine, love it.

Power of oneness

I’ve given up on trying to be happy. Instead, I’m trying to ensure that my son sets a strong foundation for a happy life.

It’s the worst diet out there. Literally, it ranks last (see below). It’s a moronic concept and completely impossible to sustain. Your lady friend better be stacked because she’s likely bat-shit insane.

http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-overall-diets?page=4

I was squatting 3x a week for a few months, now I’ve replaced one day of squats with deadlifts. Works for me because I can squat more than I can deadlift and it’s supposed to be the other way around.

Audi A7 S line. It’s beautiful and drives like a charm but the novelty wore off quite quickly

Dinged 2 alloys driving into an underground car park on exam day, was devastated.

Niiiice.

Haven’t looked at the link yet.

But I will also say that my wife put us both on Paleo a while back for a couple of weeks. (We both fell off the wagon when tax season hit and she had to go back to school. She teaches 4th grade.) We could both tell a noticeable difference in our energy levels and overall “feeling”.

Don’t know if that’s just because it’s healthier than what we normally eat, or because it worked, or because of a placebo effect.

Paleo diet is based on some pretty bad science, but the low carb, high protein parts have merit to them.

Indeed, and Atkins pretty well nailed it. Except when you go off it and start eating carbs again you immediately gain all the weight back. Still a great way to lose 10 lbs in a handful of days though.

Paleo is really just the hipster version of Atkins. Only eat what cavement ate? Um, okay. I’ll just ignore the advances in technology and science and dig up a frozen mammoth.

Well, that certainly was a sweeping indictment.

Bought one of those omega juicer and drinking fresh juice almost daily. Feel energetic even though I quit caffeine at the same time.

Me too. Added it to my regular cycling + hockey + running. The extra strength is helping huge in all my sports and the ripped quads are certainly a positive aspect as well. I’ve added 5lbs in 2 months, while likely cutting some fat.

Paleo? Atkins? Raw vegan is where it’s at, bros. Get your kale and zucchini blossoms on!