AF Rewards Gone?

Did we lose the reward system?

Maybe I’m just slow this morning…

I was looking forward to the dopp kit.

What? Half my net worth is denominated in AF points.

Bummer. I wanted the Dopp Kit too. Partly because the word “dopp” just sounds funny.

100% because the word “dopp” sounds funny.

This is so perfect for the Feedback Forum.

You should post your feedback that more people should post their feedback in the Feedback forum in the Feedback forum.

But then no one would read it.

AF Rewards were dumb; I hope they’re gone for good. The opinions of anyone incentivized by a Shwesser koozie probably aren’t worth reading. And rewarding for volume of posts is not a great idea.

Things I would like to know:

1. Who won the investment challenge last year. I believe there was a $250 Amazon gift card at stake.

2. About a year ago we had a thread and Chad said whoever started a new thread that got the most replies over the course of the next week would win something. Who won Chad? What was the prize?

3. Who won the iPad Mini from that recent survey? How do we know there even was an iPad Mini?

There’s something fishy going on around here…

Systematic. He started the “I’m dead serious” thread.

So I guess the prize is a free pass to Scores??

I totally forgot about this. Is it too late for a board member to get the dopp kit? Thanks…

I cashed in and got everything before they vanished. I have to say that I’m a big fan of the water bottle. The dopp kit isn’t bad either, especially the nail clippers that came with it.

Was that during the specified time frame? If so, Sys, what’d you get?

I use the feedback forum to post secret messages to my ISIS handler.

Keep us posted on how you’re liking Gitmo. Still a step up from Philly I imagine.

Gitmo really isn’t that bad. The weather is quite nice and the torture techniques aren’t really all that torturous when applied to a Christian raised in white suburbia. For example, this morning at breakfast the guard serving the scrambled eggs was all giggly as he was plopping them down on everyone’s plate because they had bacon mixed in with them. I can barely move now because I ate 5 other guy’s eggs. And last night they were blasting Baby One More Time and I was just like “Yeah boy, I remember this video”.

^For reals, now…

I had some Marine friends who spent some time down at Gitmo. They weren’t in the prison unit. They were intel people, and there was a cryptologic station down there.

They said that it’s kinda isolated, because you literally cannot leave the base. And it takes an act of God just to get back to the states to see family or what not. But other than that, it was the coolest duty station ever. They would get off of work, walk to the dining hall, then walk straight down to the beach, which was about 200 yards away. Sometimes they’d even go in their uniforms, and just hang out and drink all day long.

I have never met a single Marine that pulled duty in Gitmo that didn’t want to go back. (Let me again stress–this is an intel unit, not an infantry unit.)

It’s a shame Americans can’t visit Cuba. The beaches there are unbelievable.

With cash, it’s not hard to make it to Cuba from other Carribean Islands on small private planes and have a hell of a time. Just don’t be a moron and try to bring use a debit/credit card.

…Or so I’ve heard