Which one of y'all did it?

http://gothamist.com/2014/09/17/nyc_bartender_has_a_powerful_messag.php

own up

Grabbing the woman’s rear end and saying what he said was pretty douchey, but a $2 tip on a $15 tab - while nothing to be excited about - isn’t exactly a horror story. If you don’t tip on the tax portion, it comes out to 15%.

In my opinion, if you choose to spend $40k a year on college and then pursue an “artistic career”, you should lose the right to complain about most aspects of your life.

She’s an actress who works as a bartender…

Just STFU and say you’re a bartender.

I thought the $2 tip was fine considering what appeared to be mediocre service

Tip-shaming is retarded. I’m inclined to leave lower tips overall because of it.

LOL.

Seriously, this firm looks to be pretty hacksaw from their homepage. Basically a glorified third party marketer, but I could be wrong. Sucks some low class DB like this has to act like a c0ckface and motivate some bartender to give “Investment Management” a bad name. Also, pretty sure this is libel, not sure 'cause IANAL.

I’m also a little stuck on logistics…if she was behind the bar then how could he grope her tuchus?

Thoroughly unprofessional… photographing credit cards for names, looking people up ?

Groping is inexcusable, but lets not pretend this was some super diss. We’ve all see better.

When ordering drinks the rules for tipping changes from a percent of the bill to the number of drinks ordered. $2 for a single drink is just fine. If you plan on binge drinking, lower that to $1.

And, NYU with honors working at Lucky Strike? Either she has rich parents or NYU sucks.

Unless, of course, the college is Julliard.

I’m not sure I follow…She posts a picture of the receipt so I’m assuming she is complaining about the tip but in her letter, she sounds more upset about the groping (and looks like it wasn’t the first time)

So, is she more upset about the groping or the tip? Groping is inappropriate but I see nothing wrong with the tip. This leads me to believe that she’s had it with bartending because she is just frustrated about her acting career that doesn’t seem to take off.

Is that Frankie?

The article makes the comment about a $2 tip as if it’s part of the guy’s outrageous treatment. But at 15% of the pretax amount, it’s on the low side, but nothing outrageous (I did note that the ‘tip guide’ at the bottom of the receipt started at 18% and went up from there).

But I’m not sure that the bartender is upset with the tip amount. She’s upset at being treated like a piece of meat, which is understandable. The bit about the tip seems to have been added by the reporter, perhaps to show that he didn’t attempt to make any ammends with the tip, and maybe I/we glommed on to it incorrectly.

As for the shaming part, I’m divided. Usually the defense for libel is that something is demonstrably true and that it’s not protected by privacy restrictions. The guy admits to grabbing her rear, so that seems to be cut and dry.

If every mistake is now publishable on the internet, that could cause problems, but it does seem that this was over and above typical “oops, forgive me” type mistakes… I’m not sure where the line is, but clearly one lesson to take from this we shouldn’t be engaging in behaviors in public anymore that we are uncofortable with the world knowing (unlike before…)

Can you sue someone for posting that on the internet? I very likely would try.

Also I love the hate in this thread about how this dude is not a real financier and actually only works at some lowly hacksaw firm. God bless AF.

I think he said he has grabbed a lot of rears, but never hers.

That’s true. I didn’t quite understand the context. I was interpreting it as his saying that he grabbed hers because he’d never done it before, but maybe he’s just denying that he did that. Then it’s a case of he-said-she-said, which is trickier.

As for whether you can sue someone for posting on the internet, I think if you can show damages that come fromt he posting, plus demonstrate either that 1) the information posted was materially false, or 2) was protected by some kind of privacy considerations, you may have a case. However it’s likely to be an expensive process, so the damages should be material.

Not really, it would cost $25-50K is my guess. That’s relatively expensive but I would pay that much to remove damaging material that could impact my career. In terms of proving it, it’s his word against hers. Where is her proof that he grabbed her ass? The only proof she has is the $2 tip. I am not defending the guy, he’s probably a scumbag, but so is she and posting that kind of stuff on the internet crosses the line.

That’s pretty much the first thing I checked. I was like, he doesn’t work for a hedge fund. Then I saw someone else picked up on it and didn’t bother.

Mr. Lederman claims to know everybody. So a poll for NYC’ers here: Who knows him?