The Apple (AAPL) thread

They unveiled a couple of new products today–the iPad Air 2 and the iPad Mini 3.

Other than the fact that they’re a tad bit thinner, a tad bit lighter, and have camera that’s a tad bit better, I’m not sure that they’re really an improvement over what Apple already has out there.

New iOS, calle OS X Yosemite. Don’t know much about it.

They also claimed that the iPhone 6 was the best selling mobile phone in history, or something like that. Now Palantir can tell everybody, “I told you so.”

I told you so.

It’s all so marginally incremental and uninteresting to me.

Each iPhone model will sell well because it’s the only mobile device for their ecosystem.

An Apple thread is never complete until Palentir shows up with his cheerleader outfit.

No Apple thread is complete without reminding FT that he has been dead wrong on his prognostication on Apple, “not being cool anymore”.

lol, although to be fair he was/is right.

anyone else short samsung?

Why hasn’t the stock moved much?

I don’t get it either. SS pretty bullish on it still. I need to do some more research on semiconductor industry

I don’t understand why people feel the need to upgrade every year. I have an original iPad Mini and it does everything I want, it seems fast enough to me and i’m happy with the screen. Why should I upgrade??

Once the new iOS rolls in your iPad will feel slower.

No problem here. I’m still rocking the first gen iPad. It quit getting updates years ago.

^ same here.

Went to buy Iphone6 today. Still sold out everwhere.

but there are some apps that don’t work well, and some don’t work at all with the old iOS 5.1.

I had to upgrade to the mini to play Final Fantasy Tactics, 4, and 6.

![](https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10645194_345909215570532_237650118952457548_n.jpg?oh=89d1eb2475f96647c6eba067aa797240&oe=54AD29EA& gda =1421032919_55cbbfddc4b6fff0b4651d55c6c7ad38)

Had a look at my buddys gold 6 today, what’s with the white lines all over the back and sides? Looks terrible!

Is Palantir going to regale us with tales of the new unveilings?

He seems to have largely disappeared since CFAI said that claiming you went 3/3 when you didn’t go 3/3 is a violation.

FWIW, I switched to the darkside and replaced my Galaxy S3 with an iPhone 6 about a month ago.

^And the verdict is…?

Right, this is the same for every new model, and it keeps working for them (when you design something perfect, there is little to change). Should be a solid holiday season, CN sales will also be solid and everyone will be proven wrong (again).