Love it when she gives me .... hate it when she gives me headaches

Bros… Come circle around i have a question for all of yall. How often do you take a stand w your girl in an argument? I usually defend myself with the major issues and usually with smaller issues too. Lately w small things, at least imo, id avoid the easy, im sorry and instead tell her how i really feel about this trivial matter. What’s be stressing me out, and giving me major headaches, is the fact that she dominates my arguments and every statement i say ends up being used against me. Now, im a proud person, boarderline arrogant at times, and i have a hard time conceding and admiting i was wrong esp when i i dont think i am. Tell me your strategy

The back of your hand exists for a reason.

^ Respect.

You are not alone. Explain to her how/what she is doing makes you feel. Use “I” statements.

“she dominates my arguments and every statement i say ends up being used against me.”

That’s not good. Personally I wouldn’t tolerate it.

For small things, I usually don’t react or bother arguing. For things I care about more, I voice my opinion even if its against the other party’s. I don’t always win, but my voice will be heard. People respect that.

you know…bang her best friend (assuming the best friend’s a girl that is).

whatyourgovt…

We need some additional information here. Are you married? Any kids? Just a GF, are you serious with her?

I think you should read another thread on the water cooler “Crazy Hot Matrix” and find out where she stands.

If it is trivial things that she is arguing about this may be a sign of her not being happy with something in general, which you need to figure out.

Why is she acting this way?

OP, your chick is upset. She isn’t necessarily upset at you. She could be mad at anything. A FB posting from her friend that causes jealosy. Women typically dont know how to express the true nature of their dissatisfaction. The only constant is that most women are not happy most of the time based on a perceived success of another woman in their social circle.

Just the way it is. If you understand this it will help you realize its her not you. Thats what you need to realize with all women. It is their issues that are their problems that they can’t verbally express and that you will never be able to solve.

her best friend is pretty hott

not married, no kids, but i am serious

that matrix is amusing but its too generic to really take seriously

bottom line, she says i dont pay attention to her texts/listen to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

So, is that true or not?

Don’t be so suburban. It’s the new millenium. Gay, straight, it’s all the same now. There are no more lines.

RIP George Carlin.

Big question is, how old are you and how old is she?

Ahh yes. (I’ve heard this as well).

Women in general just love to talk about anything and sometimes it is difficult to engage in conversation when you just want to relax and watch TV, while she wants to talk about her day at work and some crap that you don’t really give a f*** about.

She wants to feel special. Just do little things from time to time to make her feel this way and hopefully this will solve your problem. (Like if she says she had a bad day at work, don’t ask her what she is cooking for dinner; say “oh that’s too bad honey lets go out to eat”).

It only gets worse when your married. More talking and alot less sexy time.

I would suggest that you send her some texts throughout the day. Compliment her. Tell her how great she is. Thank her for making you coffee in the morning before work. This crap does work, but does require some minimal effort on your part.

One more thing, don’t let her catch you staring at the hot friend. That’s not good.

Nothing. She’s already been told twice.

This is good advice. Make her feel special and she’ll look after you. But you need to do that on her definition of special. If she wants you to send her a text during the day, perhaps that has more value to her than buying her some expensive gift. Its not always a matter of doing more, but doing the right things from your partner’s perspective.

Is that her typical behavior or a recent trend?