The best way to energy up for studying is?

sleep?

drugs?

excercise?

other?

Cocaine’s a helluva drug.

Sleep.

regular sleep pattern and a light gym regiment worked for me.

I went to the gym every sunday and wednesday and did a tonne of cardio which really helped. In the final run up I’d get to wednesday and have packed in 3 14 hour days and think that the gym sounded like the worst idea but I found that it gave me a boost to get through the rest of the working week. Also helped blow off some steam.

Sleep and physical activity is all you need. Chemical solutions will work short term, but you’ll pay for it later.

sleep, physical activity, and an actually healthy diet.

+1

Actually good point in diet too from mk17. Cut out the sugar and you’ll maintain better energy throughout the day. Try banana or low sugar yoghurt as a snack.

Putting banana in a low sugar recommendation has to be a nutrition joke, right? lol

What’s wrong with banana? I’m not a nutrition expert so maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t find banana gives you the sugar lows later of sweeter fruit. Just going off my experience.

Well it just has a lot of sugar. One medium banana has 14 G of sugar, compared with a krispy creme donut of 10 G. On the Glycemic Index, a banana is a 52 compared with a snickers bar of 55. I don’t know about the sugar crash itself and what causes it, but I wouldn’t think a banana is much different. Now it has lots of healthy stuff in it that a krispy creme donut doesn’t, but just thought it was funny to be included in the low sugar advice lol

Wow, I had no idea. Who would have thought…

8 hours sleep + good cardio. You will be physically and mentally sharp.

Donuts have a lot of refined carbohydrates. One Krispy Kreme is probably 380 calories of sugar and stuff that will break down into more sugar. Banana is like 100 calories, has potassium, fiber, and vitamins, and makes you just as full. The two foods probably have different kind of sugar too, so gram for gram, the comparison is probably not the same either. Trust me, I watch all those European tennis ladies eating banana between sets. It’s probably good for you. “Yeah eat that”, I say while watching the TV.

http://kkd-nutritional-panels.s3.amazonaws.com/OG-190-NEW.JPG

Cal: 190

Carb: 21g

Sugar: 10g

Wouldn’t eat it anyways. I just like to exercise and drink coffee before. Also breaking into 1 hour blocks helps.

Coffee I think is the best, but not too late in the afternoon.

Red bull is my energy I’m a freak

They eat it because it’s a good quick way to get sugar lol

Coffee.

I remember when studying for levels 2 and 3, in the last 2 months my schedule would become:

7pm: get home from work

7pm to 8pm: sleep

8pm to 1am: 2 cups of coffee and CFA

1am: sleep

It certainly wasn’t sustainable, but it got in the raw hours I needed.

I’m surprised you found a way to sleep at 1 am after a one hour nap and 2 cups of coffee.