Rate your 2014

I give my year a 9.5 - had two kids, made more than twice as much money as I’ve ever made in any other year, and everyone that I care about exited the year in good health. The 0.5 off is due to getting totally out of shape due to the endless cycle of parenting duties.

I’d give myself a solid 7 our of 10. Work was…work. Personally I slept with a greater variety of chicks than any other calendar year, so that was cool but overall it was an OK year. Few fun things but nothing totally awesome, nothing sucked. Either way it ended the same way as any other year: alone, with yet another promising forthcoming year. Whether or not it comes to fruition is anybody’s guess.

2 kids in one year? BOOM

I am also curious about this. Was it intentional to have such a quick turnaround?

just a wild guess here, but I think he had twins.

Or, a birth in January, then pregnant and birth again before December.

Two different women?

adopted?

How’s your wife and my kids?

mine was shite. gained the charter but struck out on my dream job. also got fat.

2015 is the year to get in shape and get that dream job.

I’m going with an 9.0. My wife and I saw our incomes rise by a combined $40K or so, I lost around 50 pounds, the kids are both healthy.

The 1 point deduction is mainly about not paying off as much debt as we budgeted, and for me kicking the can down the road on the CFA program. First it was because my wife was going back to school and I was going to give her the same support she gave me. Then she changed jobs, the new job wasn’t going to cover expenses, so she decided against going back. Then I changed jobs and felt I owed it to my employer to be fully invested in getting up to speed, so I postponed again. Now I’m spending 15 or so hours a week at the gym instead of studying for the exam. I definitely needed to get healthy or I was at risk of not being around to reap the benefits of one day attaining the charter, and my wife and I accomplished a lot of our personal and professional goals in 2014. That said, it is an odd feeling to look at my life over the past year, see a ton of accompishments and a lot of progress towards some big goals, but to feel bad about not yet getting started on what will be a 3 or 4 year process. I’m choosing to view my lack of being satisfied as progress in my decades long battle with apathy, but I can also see that it might look an awful lot like apathy to those whom I’ve discussed my desire to pursue the charter with.

I give myself a 7. I took a great trip with friends, in a good relationship but didn’t see a lot of tangible results with my career as I would like. Hoping to keep the personal aspect up and do more professionally in 2015.

I don’t even know you but I’m proud of you and psyched about bolded accompishement #1. Also, just the fact that your debt is going down instead of up should be a major plus too. Sounds like a good year.

I will also hijack this thread to nominate twice the man as the best newcomer to analystforum of 2014.

8*

Had my first kid, found out my baby momma who I’d only dated a few months at the time is a great Mom and Girlfriend (hopefully we can upgrade that status soon). Our baby is wonderful, and I got a job paying ~50k more total comp that allows the GF to stay at home which makes my life exponentially easier. She gets some bonus points for being 5 lbs below her pre-pregnancy weight 3 months after birth. I’m kayaking at a higher level than I ever have in the past which is a small bonus to top things off. I’ll take off a point because I could definitely step up my expense management in 2015 and another point because I’d like to move back to a more mountainous area at some point in the future (maybe 5 years). I’ll also put an asterix on it because our daughter has a minor hip issue that I would like to see resolved for her sake. Maybe we can get there in 2015.

I give mine a three. Like every other year, it was mostly a one, but I died relatively painlessly, so that redeemed a couple of points.

10/10. Great new job, happy and healthy family other than minor stuff. What else does one need?

I give myself a 5. Lots of highs and lots of lows. Really happy at work, played lots of tennis, got inducted into my college sports hall of fame, but got divorced which was a massive life change after 7 years of marriage (no kids).

Zero, still not president (didn’t even start to build campaign, get off your a$$ BWYF!) and I still have to vacation on tropical islands rather than owning one and ruling it with an iron fist.

Seriously, nothing more frustrating than having to remind the bartender that I don’t like umbrellas in my drink.

That’s pretty awesome. What sport? Tennis? What is your NRTP rating?