I'm making the plunge

This summer, yours truly will be moving in with my girl and break the hearts of thousands of women nationwide. Those who have done it already, let me hear yah story.

Oh and someone go on suicide watch on KR, i know she is gonna take this hard (stil waiting on your govt name!)

An extremely positive experience, overall. My clothes were ironed more often, dishes stopped piling up in the sink, and I stopped eating shitty food all the time and got more home-cooked meals.

She told me to get off my lazy ass and do all those things like a normal human should. She runs a tight ship. Gotta respect that.

^ It can be a delicate balance btw STL’s description and just straight-up nagging. There will be an adjustment period for sure.

losin’ a lot of good men out there

Yeah, none of that is actually true. The truth is we figured out a long time ago how to divide the chores. Essentially, she takes care of the indoor stuff and I take care of the outdoor stuff.

For those of you that aren’t familiar with the concept of a yard, quite a bit of work goes into maintaining a good looking lawn. Still, I definitely got the better end of the deal. Except when I have to mow the lawn in August and nearly die of a heat stroke.

I remember when I switched from briefs to boxers. You really cannot go back.

Who cooks and cleans in her parent’s house will tell ya a lot about what you should expect.

^ This is some truthiness right here.

i’ve always done all the cooking/cleaning myself.

turn back now its all down hill from here.

Eep, I never cook or clean at my parents house, I guess that’s why I’ve been deemed unmarryable. But my mother is the best cook in the world, no joke, we grew up pretty tight with money but ate like royalty thanks to her. So everything I do is a disappointment. I should spend more time with her and learn her cooking before too late.

Are you finding place together or moving into hers? Or yours? I know lots of you finc guys are pretty groomed, which I’m not used to, but I feel like if you’re so demanding on women’s looks, she deserves all the bathroom space in the world. This is important. Of course everything always ends in disaster for me haha. Bathroom and closet room. Just let her have it.

As long as you don’t do something senseless like get married, you have my blessing.

what her momma looks like is usually a good leading indicator as well.

Em - looking for a new spot. Also, just learn how to cook chicken or steak and youre money

offer to cook and cook like $h!t for a couple weeks and she’ll banish you from the kitchen

The maid cooks and cleans in my wife’s parent’s house. I should have taken note of that.

It’s a better deal for you than for her, but she doesn’t know that yet.

I think I’ll live :slight_smile:

Have a talk about finances. Who pays what and how much. Will you be splitting rent? Bills? Meals? etc. Until marriage there is no point or logic in consolidating your finances but there should be a clear understanding and agreement on expenses.

I would be a happy man to pay for all the food if she cooked and cleaned inside. Outside work I don’t mind.

[quote=“krnyc2008”]

It’s a better deal for you than for her, but she doesn’t know that yet.

This is true, but how can you possibly know that?

I actually like to cook so that isnt the case for me. I marinade/season and grill on a daily basis, to me its the best thing. You throw some veggis on tin foil, throw the meat on, and you have a meal in no time with no clean up.