Cant wait for AshleyMadison.com IPO

im gonna put all my monies in the IPO

http://nypost.com/2015/05/02/a-miserable-mothers-day-made-me-cheat-on-my-husband/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

While a lot of people on AF are apparently totally ok with being married and having an affair - I’m going to disagree.

I’m not married and enjoying being single, but the idea that people who are married and have that “stable foundation”, while at the same time want the excitement of dating/sleeping around with other people (aka Adultery) which is cheating and hiding from their partner is incredibly selfish. If for some reason the partner you married is ok with it, then fine do whatever. But I’m going on a limb here to say most partners will say “uh no. that’s not ok”.

If both are miserable, then just divorce , there are tons of people out there.

^Your point is kind of stupid,cause if they are OK with it then why choose a website for its discretion ?The whole business model is based on adultery,contrary to the belief I think most people on that site are just single men wanting to hook up with an opressed married woman,I dont see any other way

^ because the website is an easy way to reach a lot of people. Now was that so difficult ?

L1 may be a big stretch for you given your lack of logic. might want to get off AF and study some more

i was not a fan of the site initially but now i think its going to be huge. it makes cheating much easier and there are alot of cheaters in this world

i think cheating is completely selfish and people that do it are so insecure that they cannot leave the poeple they are with currently in fear of being alone in the long run. its just a disgrace and i lose basically all respect for someone i know if i know they do it.

as far as websites that facilitate the behavior, not sure I care too much because its just attracting the ones that will do it any way

probably not a fair statement

the last time I tried said cheating and adultery was bad, there were multiple people that were defending it, including long time AFers.

I think what would be fair is if we showed these women the same kind of loyalty they would show us. Problem solved.

This is Level I material: Just because the company is bad doesn’t mean the stock is bad. That said, IPOs are often overpriced if you can’t get in via private settlements.

Ashley Madison in my mind is a bit like the cigarette companies. The stuff they’re selling isn’t really what you want to find in your own home, but it’s not presently illegal, and there’s likely to be a lot of sticky (quite sticky, in this case) demand.

I am very perplexed when it comes to cheating and adultery.

First of all, let’s define cheating and adultery because i believe they are two seperate things.

Cheating is having an affair while your partner doesn’t know because you deliberately lie and keep this information from him/her.

Adultery is simply a married person having sex with someone who is not his/her (married) partner.

That’s how I differentiate it anyway, and whether it is good or bad is up to the couple, although I would say 99.9% of the people would recognize that cheating is bad. Because you are hurting someone by being dishonest (thus the word CHEAT). There is no good way to spin it, it doesn’t matter if your relationship doesn’t work or your partner is withholding sex or he/she is sick and can’t perform… being dishonest is being dishonest.

Adultery,however, can be agreed upon and acknowledged by the partner/ spouse. In this case, how can you determine if this is morally good or bad? Yes, i understand that people may say that adultery is not honouring the meaning of marriage, but then again, marriage is only a legal contract that’s bound to change by people. Marriage is not some force of nature that is always been like this since the beginning of time. History also taught us that marriage takes different forms over time, so who can say that a particular “version” of marriage is more right than another?

Not to mention whoever invented marriage didn’t anticipate people getting divorces or use it as a legal status, immigration tactic, tax benefit strategy, etc… People get married for different reasons and people sign prenuptual agreements before they even get married, so what’s wrong with having “adultery” as part of the clause?

ps* Hello everyone who still remembers me :slight_smile:

NANA

NANA ^v^ !

You have been missed.

I don’t recall anything like this. I can’t even think of anyone really commenting on cheating on a spouse. There was the chick from Greenland or where ever…TheLakeHouse, I think…and she mentioned she had an affair with a married man and I called her a whore.

Remember that one guy here who said he had an affair with some old guy’s hot wife because she wanted to get with a black guy? I appreciate his honesty, I suppose.

Thanks… for all the good reasons i hope!

I missed NANA more.

the point is if someone wants to always keep their options open or just enjoys new relationships over and over again then simply don’t get married. How many people getting married today go into it with the mindset, “oh adultery is totally ok after I get married, so i’ll be set if I get bored/tired/unhappy”?? almost no one right?

and if someone stays married to have that “security” until they find someone better, well that’s 1) hugely selfish and 2) hurting the person you married earlier.

I agree people prob weren’t designed to stay with someone forever, and while marriage may be thrown around like a joke these days, but they come with very legal implications.

I think there is also a distinction between simple adultery and an affair. There is a difference in perception and tolerance level when it comes to your spouse having an affair/ love relationship with someone else and simply paying for sex at the strip club.

While i agree most people probably don’t get married thinking to accept adultery but after years of marriage many things can happen. Many married couples love each other as life partners but no longer have sexual attraction, what happens then? do they go out and have sex and stay married or end it knowing they may not find another life partner who understand them as much as each other.

Life is complicated I wish it is more black and white. Say a spouse has a long term illness, you still want to take care of him/her but you have your own needs, it may be okay to pay for sex instead of leaving the other half? There are many cases I am just pulling some extreme ones.

Thanks dear~

:slight_smile:

so all the old timers leave and now nani troll comes back.