If Peyton had any pride left, he would retire

Women, amiright?6

Men, amiright?6

Especially after yesterday. I thought he would improve with some rest over the offseason.

Instead, he surprised me with 24/40, no TD’s, and a pick-six. New York Post says his final passer rating was a “Geno Smith-esque 59.9.”

I think he should have retired a while ago. Hang it up and become a QB coach or offensive coordinator for a few years and then a head coach. Given his personality, competitiveness and head for the game, he would be an amazing coach IMO.

Yes, if he’d retire before Thursday night, I’d really appreciate it.

He should have retired before I picked him up in my fantasy league.

I thought his lackluster performance at the end of last season was because of his leg bruise but it seems more serious than that.

NFL coach seems super high stress though. Maybe even more competitive than the players. I can also see the appeal if he just wants to do some philanthrophy or something for a while.

That Broncos team had a year and half stretch where they just looked like the most unstoppable machine on offense ever seen, and statistically they were. But the last month of last season, the playoff game vs. Indy (LOL imagine losing to the COLTS!?) and yesterday… jeez. Things came to a grinding halt and it happened fast. No offensive touchdowns at home? I don’t care who you’re playing, that’s Jaguars level of pathetic.

Remember this was the same matchup that yielded Manning throwing for 7 touchdowns and 0 interceptions just 2 years ago on opening night.

I’m hesitant to call him done or he should retire, somewhat because of what Brady did last year and also Manning at 60% is still probably better than league average but a game vs. Denver certainly doesn’t seem scary anymore.

sure

They have lost a handful of their receiving options over the past 2 seasons, not suprised their offense is suffering but it’s not looking good.

• Julius Thomas
  • Wes Welker
  • Knowshon Moreno (RB but another "options))
  • Eric Deker

These guys arent allstars but they were threats that prevented double coverage on Thomas. Not sure why they let all these guys go

Well I know Denver operated very close to the cap, they must have. I think Thomas was playing on a rookie deal and was finally ready to get paid. I remember when they made their defensive moves (Talib, Ware, etc.) plus nabbing Sanders I was confused how the hell they could afford so much talent, especially because Welker wasn’t cheap either.

its tough to win in the NFL without cheating

Until they got rick rolled by the best defense of the modern era in the Super Bowl.

Seinfeld was spot on with their assessment of the Ukraine. Your material is so weak.

Oh totally, just another one of the 500 reasons Brady > Manning.

[quote=“ltj”]

There are ~52 other people on the Colts/Broncos and Patriots other than Brady and Manning.

Let me just say this–if I’m drafting an “all-time greatest NFL team”, my first two quarterbacks would probably be Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning.

Not saying Brady’s not an all-time great, but he’s had better pieces around him than Manning for most of his career. (Marvin Harrison and last year’s Bronco’s receivers being the exception.)

Offensively? That’s way off. Defensively and coaching, definitely.

I’d agree with you on outright skill (and let’s be serious, Manning was a #1 pick, Brady was almost not drafted… this should be the case). But Brady has that Jeter intangible asset effect to him to go along with being able to hold his own statistically. Your all time greatest NFL team to play a full season statistically would want Manning. But I’m playing one game for all the marbles? I’ll take Brady.

Jeez even Manning’s one ring I think he threw like 3 TDs to 7 INTs in those playoffs or something awful like that. And that backbreaking pick 6 in the Saints game… yuck.

Manning over Heman Munster any day of the week.

I applaud this fantastic reference.

This is easily your worst/least informed post of all time.

Everyone is so quick to give Brady all the credit. He does happen to have one of the greatest football minds of all time as his head coach. I don’t care about who made who great, the fact is both Brady and Belichick are outstanding at their jobs.

Manning just happens to be both an amazing QB and one of the greatest football minds of all time wrapped into one.

Advantage Manning.

(That and Manning 12-1 against the Chiefs while we’ve historically done well against Brady {including injuring him for the season leading Matt Cassel to be the starter and eventually traded to the Chiefs where he sucked hard. That’s some karma right there.} Manning scares me. Brady doesn’t.)