If Peyton had any pride left, he would retire

Both fantastic QB’s who anyone would love to have. I am just thrilled my Eagles finally have a real QB slinging the ball*

*provided his knees dont explode again

And this is easily your least informative post of all time.

Brady didn’t win the Super Bowl, Seattle just gave it away. Brady’s a great QB, no doubt, but let’s try to remain grounded in reality with the comments here.

I’d rather have Manning in the regular season and then switch to Brady in the post-season.

I’ve always believed that if Manning had Belichick as a head coach and Brady had Dungy/Caldwell/Foxx, Manning would have 4 rings and Brady would have 1.

It’s not the surrounding cast on the field that was the difference, but the brain power on the sidelines (including the coordinators).

I’m sorry, are the eternally irrelevant Kansas City Chiefs being used as a barometer to judge two of the greatest QB’s to ever play the game? Dying at that post.

Brady put his team in position to win the game, as he did in both Giants SB losses too. The other team just happened to have time to answer and the Patriots defense was soft every time. The Giants put the ball in the endzone, the Seahawks didn’t. *shrug*

+100. Manning would have also had the benefit of all of the Patriots cheating rule stretching had he been the QB for that organization this whole time.

Can you imagine if the Patriots pulled the fake crowd noise crap the Colts did when Manning was there? There’d be… well another federal court case I’m sure.

FTFY

I actually sat on the 50 yard line the day Colts came to town in the AFC Divisional and… scored 3 points. Are you on drugs? Or once used drugs that effect your long term memory?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200501160nwe.htm

Also there’s this gem from the previous year. 4 interceptions!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200401180nwe.htm

You mean the team that got, in your opinion, the greatest QB of all time benched last year? I’m trying to remember the last time Brees, Manning, or Rodgers was benched…

The best QB of all time (and really that means the best player in the history of the NFL) doesn’t get benched. The Bulls never had to sit Jordan. Gretzky was never told to get off the ice until he got his shit together. Ernie McCracken never sat out a few frames because he wasn’t feeling it. No, Brady sucked so badly he was told by the greatest coach of all time to sit his ass down because he was hurting his team’s chance to win a game. That’s not GOAT caliber right there.

Or, is it possible that Brady was benched because his patchwork offensive line at the time was getting mauled by the Chiefs front 7? Because when Belichick was asked in the presser after if there was a QB controversy he fucking laughed at the reporter… and the rest is history.

I’m not going to get into the Brady vs. Manning debate, but Peyton does look like he really needs to get his whole body into a throw for it to have anything on it. Throws that used to look effortless for him now look forced. I am a big fan of his career and think it’s unfortunate that he doesn’t have another SB win or two, but typically he has not been the same QB in the playoffs as the in the regular season. Not sure why that is.

No, it’s that Brady sucked.

http://www.wmur.com/sports/tom-brady-benched-in-4th-quarter-of-embarrassing-loss-to-chiefs/28337212

“The three-time league MVP threw a pair of interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown, and also lost a costly fumble in a 41-14 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday night.”

Again, you’re welcome. Without the Chiefs, NE would never have won the Super Bowl. Also, it made the Chiefs the de facto NFL Champions last year.

I remember the game well bud, no need for the link. Unless you want to focus on the first paragraph in the article or where it talks about New England’s suspect offensive line. I’m not denying that Brady was playing poorly either but the Chiefs were getting to him on every play. Do you risk injuring your QB when it’s 40-7 or do you put in backups and move “on to Cincinnati”? Trust me, if that was still a close game and Brady was playing just as bad, there’s no way Garoppolo sees the field. Your Gretzky and Jordan comparisons are absurd in this instance and make no sense whatsoever.

It’s okay man. Brady is a very, very good QB. Just not the greatest. Certainly top 7. Maybe top 9 actually. Plus, he looks like he’s a kick at parties.

^I’m actually going to agree with Patriot boy on this one. When you’re losing by 30+ points in the 4th quarter, you wrap your all-star quarterback in bubble wrap. No point in losing your money maker in what you know will be a losing effort.

if brady had any pride left he would stop cheating

Obviously. Patriot fans are just easy targets.

Did you know no team has a winning record against Brady? That’s pretty damn impressive. Even though they do cheat, I don’t think it’s been material and there’s no doubt the Brady/Belichick combo has been the greatest of all time (I tend to give slightly more credit to Bilichick). They’ve changed the way the game is played.

The only thing that sucks about the Patriots are their fans. Won’t mean much to you all, but they’re exactly like KU fans, entitled and generally just annoying. Great to poke with a sharp stick.