Drinking Bet

So I was sitting in my local irish pub today and went there quite late. Needless to say, I somewhat became involved in this chugging bet for a pint of beer between 3 people. The loser paid for the 3. I came in 2nd and was pretty much amazed that my friend and peer in college drank faster than me. The owner was the ref and then started talking about how many shots he drank a day at the pub. He said he could out drink any of us. No one said a word except me. I said that was BS and he can name the shot and terms any day, He said Tuaca at 10min intervals half shots. I said thats stupid - lets do full shots at 10min. He disagreed and I setttled to half shots at 10min, He claims he can drink a liter or more and I don’t doubt that I can too, Rules are no throwup after and you can drink anything while drinking the shots - ie water, coke. The disagreement is on the price. I’m pretty low on this so I was like yeah 100 bucks. He said 1000 bucks which gave me deja vu to the last betting incident at this bar which he brought up and said yeah you lost 1000 bucks last time, I think you over estimate your abilities. But, this is ridiculous. I said 250 and he said 1000. We still have not agreed but there is no way this dude will beat me. We can’t agree on a price but I personally let him know that if it was 1000 I would go till my body gave out which he has seen in this bar before. He was a little intimidated, but I have only lost a drinking bet to this one asian chicks brother who drank so many bottles of rice wine at a korean place that I think my brain and liver literally expoloded. Thoughts? I’m kind of ok with a 500 counter, but I really haven’t pushed myself drinking for a few years. He is like 10 years older than me too so I think that makes a difference.

Literally 30 min before this guy tried to bet that his son could beat me on the mats in an MMA fight. I asked what his background and weight was and he said he was a state wrestler and 197. I started laughing and said ok I’ll do it, line up the match, I’ll set up the ref, and I’ll book the cage for the match. Cross bets were 1000 on this at the bar and then the Dad somehow backed out. But, the dude was 20yrs old and a state wrestler. What a joke. You have got to be kidding me. I’ll go on the mat any day for a solid win on those ‘wrestlers’ anyday. This bar is crazy about betting. I don’t know what it is but there is betting all the time and it gets stupid high sometimes. Like 50k or 100k talk. Who bets 50k on an event. wtf

I really want to beat this dude in the drinking match though. This is ridiculous. He is the owner and has a wife and kids. I can’t believe he can chug more liquor. Maybe I should prepare or something, I’m literally offended he actually said this tonight. I really don’t want to say no and I know he knows that.

I remember seeing a new item on tv a few years back of a student in England who died from a drinking game where they played the song Hungry Eyes from the film Dirty Dancing. Every time the word ‘eyes’ was sung, he had to drink a shot. He was so drunk afterwards that his friends had to carry him to bed. When someone went to check on him a few hours later he was dead.

So if that doesn’t put you in the mood for more shots based drinking games I don’t know what will!

This is simple…you stated several times that you are confident he can’t beat you. If that is truly the case, you should not have a problem wagering $1,000 since that means you will just win more money. Your hesitation implies you are not as confident as you say.

His son would have destroyed you. You’re a weekend gym boy who can’t win a sissy tennis match against a fat guy and perrenially overstimates your own stature, while he competed at a legitimate level. I knew a guy in college who was a sparring opponent for the olympic wrestling team when they trained. The lacross players would bet on who could last more than 6 seconds against him without tapping out because that was the current record. That record stood until I graduated, I also used to watch him annihilate guys at the MMA gym next to where I boxed.

This

Can we get a “High School” sub forum for shit like this?

Wife and kids lead people to drink more. I probably drank more last night than you and your bartender friend combined.

At any rate, you should probably stick to drinking 6-8 cups of water.

This.

Your overconfidence is your weakness.

Your faith in your friends is yours

It’s only $1000 and you are confident, what’s the problem? Is your net worth mostly in cash/money market as well?

if you’re used to drinking beer heavily and he’s used to drinking liquor heavily, he has the upper hand. though your ultimate capacity to handle alcohol is the major factor, something as small as this can be your undoing. if you’re not used to drinking lots of liquor gradually over an extended period of time throughout the day, and he is, you’re climbing a steep hill.

weight differences? ethnicities? if he’s got 50lbs on you, you’re in trouble. if he’s irish and you’re not, you’re in trouble.

Yeah this is very probable

ok sure buddy

yeah exactly - the water to liquor ratio is essential. I think pissing a lot would be an advantage.

To that guy’s dad you’re basically the male equivalent of his middle age secretary who follows New Girl and has a black belt in Tae Bo.

^ don’t knock Tae Bo. it’s legit. now knee, knee, knee…

^^Don’t knock New Girl either. I’ve, uh, heard it’s pretty funny.