Religious, what do you think of Athiest people?

I’m afraid to hear the answer.

Then why’d you ask the question?

I think that most people who label themselves as atheists are, in fact, agnostics.

I think that the most fervent atheists are more obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending than the most fervent believers.

I think that most atheists (or agnostics) are basically decent, nice people, and would be proud to count them amongst my friends. I already count many as such.

I would hope the majority being the normal ones feel exactly the same as normal athiests feel towards them. Indifference as religion is only a part of what makes a person who they are. Believe? Cool. Dont believe? Cool. Whatever you choose, dont be an asshole.

I dont have an issue with religious people of any religion,nor the agnostic.The people who drive me crazy are the ones who so firmly believe in something they are willing to die for it or worse kill for it.I believe humans should learn to accept others opinions.

yeah I feel like we should treat everyone as we would like to be treated

You have got to be kidding me. “The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church” It is considered a crown in the Catholic church. You can be clothed in white or clothed in blood. If you’re not willing to die for what you believe in, what do you believe in?

Arrogant and condescending? Yes. Obnoxious? Depends on what I can fit into that category, but no…not even close. How many atheists have you seen picketing funnerals of soldiers that have signs that say “god hates fags”? How many atheists have shot up Planned Parenthood clinics? How many atheists have been involved in domestic terrorism? Or, most obnoxiously of all, how many atheists force their political/social agenda on an entire political party? If you had to pick, who stands in the way of eduation and furthering our understanding of the universe?

I wouldn’t want to be stuck in a room with either but fundamentalists are far, far worse for society in general.

I believe that I have a chance to enjoy life and invest in myself.If someone is trying to take that chance which would mean taking my life away thats a different story.However most people who are willing to die for their beliefs tend to somehow end up killing for their beliefs too.This is how we get shit like ISIS or other groups wrecking places up.So many dictators have been some form of robin hood in the past,but somewhere along the line they thought they are so right that they should kill

Pompous delusions of grandeur? Check. Detachment from reality? Check. Sense of moral superiority? Check.

i think we have an extremist here…

Between the two I would far prefer being stuck in a room with an ardent atheist than a religious extremist. Maybe that’s because I’ve never met extremist atheists…whereas religious extremists are not hard to find…so novelty?

Good points all.

A couple of years ago as I was driving by one of the universities at which I teach, I saw a car with a bumber sticker that read, “I think, therefore I’m an atheist”.

Mind you, the guy was talking on his cell phone while he was driving, which is illegal in California, and incredibly stupid everywhere. I’m pretty sure that I wouldn’t want that guy as the poster child for people who think.

wtf many die for God and country —

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apologeticus “_ Apologeticus _ (Latin: Apologeticum or Apologeticus)[1] is Tertullian’s most famous work,[2] consisting of apologetic and polemic; In this work Tertullian defends Christianity, demanding legal toleration and that Christians be treated as all other sects of the Roman Empire. It is in this treatise that one finds the phrase: “the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church” (Apologeticus, Chapter 50).[3]

I think we can all agree that there is a minority in every religion & athiesm that is generally filled with the most annoying people imaginable. If religion/athiesm was fully accepted with absolutely no question, those people would just find something else to be incredibly obnoxious about. Its the people themselves that are the problem.

I have friends of basically every religion who are good, kind, understanding, supportive people. And I have also seen people of every believe be complete assholes. Some people are just that kinda way

I believe that Habit Burger is better than In N Out, but I’m not going to sacrifice myself or blow up a burger chain to make this point.

Although I suppose it is a valid point that if, for instance, you believe your friends and neighbors will really burn for eternity for not believing in the correct spaghetti monster, and you don’t spend every minute trying to convince them to change, you either don’t care about those guys or don’t actually 100% believe in the religion.

Then what good are you?

(And, by the way, you’re wrong.)

This is my own personal opinion:The average agnostic has read far more books and is in better standing in terms of education and income.However this may be due to the fact that many underdeveloped and undeveloped countries have far more faithful per capita so the average is skewed towards lower income,lower literacy etc.

Given the points above most if not all of fully developed countries are not ruled by religious authorities or their ruler/president/prime minister doesnt have to be super religious person.Correlation is not causation but one tends to think there is a link.

and how did you develop this opinion?

You could say the same thing about the average homosexual household. That doesn’t mean one is superior, they are equal, just different.