Bidet

Apparently, some people here are knowledgeable about this.

Anyway, there is this apartment that I am looking at. One of the bathrooms has a toilet, and also that “second toilet” with the water jet.

My question is - what is the second toilet for? Do women pee in this? Or is it exclusively for hygienic purposes after #2? That is, you conduct your business with the first toilet, then crab walk over to the second one? If so, why didn’t they just build the water jet into the original toilet?

This is an important question for my decision making.

Bidets are primarily used to wash and clean the genitalia,perineum, inner buttocks, and anus. Traditional designs may also be used to clean any other part of the human body, such as the feet. Despite appearing similar to atoilet, a traditional bidet may be more accurately compared to a washbasin or bathtub. Bidets may serve as a practical way for -people to clean themselves before and after having sex.

-wiki

So you can wash your nuts before and after sex. If it gets really nasty you can wash your feet as well.

What is their location relative to each other?

I always need to wash my feet after sex. Is that unusual?

well, there’s that and there’s a turkish ‘squat’ toilet

We used to have a bidet next to the toilet back in the home country.The bidet was not supposed to be used a toilet nor it could handle the waste people push out like a toilet.The idea was people take a dump and then move to the bidet.The modern designs I see have both systems in one.

In my country or other muslim dominated countries alot of people use water to clean themselves after having a shit,most toilets have a hose designed to do the job.Honestly although I have lived abroad alot it is still a challenge to get used to the toilet thing.

The two appliances are next to each other. The toilet paper roll is in between the two, implying that its use is shared.

^Is the bidet a pure bidet ? By their layout I am guessing you are supposed to switch seats from the toilet to the bidet after the job has been done.

The toilet/bidet combo is a fairly new concept (~10 years) and has really only become affordable in the last few. So, yes, one is your standard pisser and the other is to clean your bits and pieces afterwards. Yes, you do need to carefully make your way over to the bidet, but assuming it’s no more than a foot or so away from the toilet it won’t be a problem.

Things to do before using it: Check to make sure the hot and cold water function properly, and never sit on it before knowing, with absolute certainty, the water is not steaming hot. That’s…unpleasent. Next, be sure the water pressure is adequate for your needs. You should be able to turn a knob allowing you to control the flow. You may think you won’t need high pressure going up there, but believe me there are times you’ll praise jebus you have it. If the water comes out like a drinking fountain, you’ll never get anything clean.

Ideally, when you leave the bidet your two-hole and surrounding areas are completely clean and all you have to do is dry yourself. If you’re still wiping afterwards, either you or the bidet are malfunctioning.

I can’t stress this enough, it will change your life. Knowing nothing else about this place you’re looking at, if the bidet is of above average quality, take the apartment. You can sleep anywhere. You can only get a water jet to your taint with a bidet.

you sure it’s not a Love Toilet?

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-love-toilet/n10153

You know how women love removable shower heads? The bidet can provide the same effect. Though the shower is a bit more appropriate for that than a bidet, but who am I to judge?

Bidet’s are pretty useful, no one likes doodo residues on their butts especially if you tend to get sweaty.

Lol you people still use TP & Bidets? Pleps who have yet to learn how to use the three sea shells.

^Plebs.

Take your superior self over to Taco Bell.

I have a toto neorest 500. It was a game changer for me.

Typoing plebs is the most pleb thing one can do…

Its was the only thing to survive the franchise wars

i just prefer walking over to the local asian massage parlor and have them clean out that area. Bidets are a waste of money in my opinion.

My ex had a bidet put into her bathroom. You wipe yourself the same as without a bidet, but then can move over to the bidet to clean the rest of the areas if you want to. No need to crab-walk. It also comes in handy after a vigorous lovemaking session, or if you’ve been exerting yourself and want your private parts to be fresh and clean for whatever reason.

It also comes in handy during menstruation, for those who do that.

I used it a few times when she pointed out that men use it too. I found it surprisingly pleasant, but squatting is kind of an uncomfortable position to hold for too long, plus one wonders if this is like the gateway drug for those who develop an enema fetish.

Combo toilets seem more sensible these days, and the Japanese seeem to be big into those.

Traditional bidets are pretty all common across Southern Europe.