Oscars were a disaster

I turned it on at the start of the show, and the first 13 minutes was literally non-stop racial commentary about black people / white people. It’s rather disgusting that the Oscars has been totally hijacked into some racial debate, and it can’t just be about honoring actors/films for 2015. I literally turned it off

None of these people attended a Top 2, they’re hacksaw anyway.

I hate racial debate. I hate it!

/\ You’re a hater?

Damn, you showed them!

People still watch awards shows? I feel like even watching paint dry would be preferable.

+1

i don’t remember the last time I watched an awards show. The only thing worse than watching an awards show would be the westminister dog show or Duck Dynasty.

+1

DiCaprio won Oscar and gave climate change speech.

0+<

This is Itera.

Itera is watching the Oscars.

Itera finds the Oscars to be stupid and annoying and overly political, so Itera simply turns off the TV.

Itera is smart top 2.

Be like Itera.

I thought this was really strange too - not the venue/platform for that.

Dave Grohl was really good.

lmao

I tuned into the Oscars only occasionally and spent most of last night watching Divergent on HBO Go.

I felt as though they went over the top to try to make it up to the Black community by having black actors and reporters on screen in support roles as much as possible, from Chris Rock, to Morgan Freeman, Whoopi Goldberg, the Mike Tyson-looking reporter guy, and more.

Although I understand the urge to make amends for “the big oops,” it’s basically a day late and a dollar short.

It’s like when the popular girl says “oh, I’m so sorry I didn’t invite you to my birthday, but if you want, you can come serve the lemonade for us.”

I wouldn’t have minded the opening monologue if it would have been somewhat cohesive or at least funny. It just seemed like rambling.

I agree, Grohl was great. He’s a talented dude.

Can’t believe they robbed the ginger Redmayne of another Oscar

I’ll never understand why people want to watch a bunch of rich, spoiled, hypocritical, out-of-touch morons congratulate each other for 3 hours.

I dont think I have ever sat through an award show. The fact that people care about them is strange to me, or care about what people wear to them. Even ESPN does an award show! They do realize the sports these athletes play do in fact already give out awards, right?

Me: “Are you going to watch the Oscars?” (Trying to make small talk with a young HCB) HCB: “Ah, no, you do realize those are all the theater weirdos from high school?”

Lol at the commentary Thing about actors and sports stars. They could very well be stupid as mud, but they sure make a lot of money doing it :confused: