Boost/Ensure and Misleading Old People

I keep seeing these commercials for these shakes, which contain a pitiful 10 grams of protein. I get angry as these companies sell these shakes as if that 10 grams is a muscle-building power-load, when the fact is that you can get just about the same protein from a glass of milk. I feel bad for old people buying these who think they are doing themselves a big favor and helping to combat sarcopenia or whatever. Also, if they are interested in the multivitamin aspects, they would do better to drink a MuscleMilk, which contains twice the protein, if they insist on drinking something artificial.

Boost/Ensure is misleading old people and then the rest of the supplement industry is misleading the general pop. Check out Shredz

I wish my grandma would just chug Muscle Milk instead of whatever old people food she is currently eating. She would get so ripped.

You’re just mad you didn’t invest.

Just another in a long list of stupid things these manufacturers have highlighted over the years. I remember when I was growing up everything had to be low fat. Just the word fat freaked people out. Then there was the fiber craze. Now we’ve moved onto protein. I think I saw Protein Cheerios one day in the grocery store. What??

Pretty sure eggs, fish, chicken, nuts, etc. have been around a lot longer than random bar or drink full of processed shit. Sigh.

Also this.

This kinda reminds me of the evangelical Christians who got angry with Starbucks for the red cup.

It kinda made me jealous that these people’s lives were so good that they had nothing elso to worry about, except for the design on a holiday cup of a restaurant that they don’t even go to.

#FirstWorldProblems

Vega Protein and Greens FTW

The entire nutrition/protein/bodybuilding industry has to be one of, if not the most corrrupt industries there is. total sham

Google Deals keep showing me this deer antler extract. Are you saying it is a scam? I don’t know - if there is a marketing business that I trust, I can tell you it’s the one that offers me a deal on “colonic hydro therapy” every week.

I think Ray Lewis used deer antler spray that to recover from a torn… uh… everything. It even got him out of a murder charge. It’s legit.

Right up there with pharma

I don’t know that the whole industry is a sham. Definitely certain aspects of it. Certainly outside of whey protein isolate, whey hydrosylate, caffeine and creatine, evidence is slim as to the efficacy of most other (legal) supplements.

What I was upset about in my post was the marketing of 10 grams of protein as if the shake was a potent protein amount, when the aging person would do better to drink a glass of whole milk. Most seniors battling the crippling effects of sarcopenia (muscle loss that occurs as one ages) probably don’t realize that you need 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight each day just to maintain existing muscle mass. For a 180 pound dude, this shake is delivering a pee-wee amount of 6% of their recommended intake.

“happy customer” ~CvM

Is that Ensure? 22g of sugars and 9g of protein? No thanks. The only thing that’s “ensured” is the sweet release of diabetic coma…

The only Supplement you need.

yea its complete junk. baby boomers need to be educated. there is a lot of money to be made as so many get older and retire.

What does that even mean? Like the scrubbing bubbles bathroom foam for my large intestine? Disturbing, to say the least.