Hilariously true

Mansplaining: step by step guide.

https://medium.com/@kristysf/how-to-mansplain-in-6-easy-steps-aeb707e1e3d0#.hgzq5c7ra

Women are just ridiculously sensitive amirite?

FTFY

But yeah, the article just sounds like a feminist trying to…uh…be feminist. Or maybe she’s trying to be satirical. Or funny. I don’t really know what she’s trying to do.

I use all those same fallacies/tactics/errors when criticizing somebody’s writing, be they male or female. So do most other people. (See the “billionaire plumber” thread.)

If I say “Person #19 is an idiot”, that doesn’t make me a racist. Or a misogynist. Or a religous zealot. That just means I think Person #19 is an idiot. And the fact that Person #19 would say “You’re a misogynist because you are criticizing my writing” probably says a lot more about Person #19 than me.

Kristy is close but takes ridiculously long to explain what should be simple. It can be done in two steps:

1. Be a man

2. Say something that involves facts or an opinion.

Kristy should also smile more. She’s probably a nice girl, just overly sensitive.

Amirite?

(I think I got most of the points in there. :slight_smile: )

^It’s 'cuz she’s an old hag that’s probably bitter because of her past failures with all men, including her dad. Daddy issues, anyone?

Hey Krisy, did you notice that the one thing in common with all of your failed relationships is YOU.

Women mansplaine all the time. In fact we should rename it to “condesplaine” or something

(Just a note that we are - or at least I am - trying to be a bit ironic/sarcastic. I get the point that all of those things come across as condescending and are best avoided, but I still maintain my right to have an opinion of my own and express it, regardless of my specific anatomy. It’s proabably best to remember that men “mansplain” to each other too. A lot of the things that get called mansplaining of these things are not necessarily directed at women specifically, even though it might feel that way sometimes.)

Or “splaindelezza whine”?

Krnyc (not her first name) beat me partly to the punch there. Condesplain is an awesome word, I’ll vote for it being added to the lexicon!

Also, I often wonder if it’s still called “manspreading” in the subway (or on a bus) if a woman does it??

Remember, too, that it’s easy to call somebody names if they’re not like you.

EG - if a woman does something stupid, I can call her a “stupid bitch”. But if a man does something stupid, then it’s harder for me to call him a name, because I can’t be derisive about his sex.

/joke

I’ve seen a 6ft Texan man talking to a 5.6ft New Yorkian man in the manner mentioned in the article. And a black lady talking to a redhead lady. And a black lady talking to a white man (he was brutally humiliated; it was funny)

Feminists and vegetarians think that the world revolves around them.

I feel like it’s a good time to bring cross fitters into this.

And anyone that’s gluten free.

yo yo yo my man. my man. whatchu say bout crossfitters?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/world/europe/mansplaining-hotline-swedish-union.html

What is happening anymore?

It’s The New York Times. They’re always wrong.

I don’t think cross fitters are a distinct group. They are just yuppies.

Trump is going to make his own media I think, all these old-world guys are going to be replaced, cut out of the loop.