The decline of Urinals

Well, gentlemen, it seems this is the end of an era. With many states and companies adopting politically correct ‘unisex’ bathrooms, urinals seem to be disapprearing and will no longer be needed in this unisex society. Remember those awkward conversations in urinals with co-workers or the silent glances from your neighbor? Yes, we will be the last generation to experience these social interactions. It seems as they will go in the progressive states first and ending with the southern states, because ‘there ain’t no unisex in the South’. Its been a priviledge, gentleman.

Yeah. I’m a supporter of gay rights, but this “I identify with…” crap has to go.

If I were emperor, I would cut the word “gender” out of the dictionary. There would be no such thing as “gender”, but only “sex”, which is defined by the type of genitalia you have.

You either got indoor plumbing or you got outdoor plumbing. Use the corrseponding bathroom.

Political correctness has accelerated greatly in the past 5 - 10 years. You can now legitimately protest the sight of the words ‘Trump 2016’ because of how it makes you feel. I have to say I love it. It’s like watching a python eat itself.

This belongs in the feedback forum.

So if you see someone in a dress in the men’s bathroom, you’re going to demand an inspection? How exactly do you enforce that rule? And if you do inspect and find outdoor plumbing, are you now going to feel happy with what you find and that all is well with the world?

If the guy is in a dress and looks rather female and pretty much acts female in all other respects but still has outdoor plumbing, which bathroom do you want them using exactly?? I’d rather have them in the women’s room, personally, and I don’t really care that much if an indoor plumbing person who looks butch enough to fight my dad uses the stall, as long as they close the door just like everyone else.

The more serious issue is that women talk to each other in the bathrooms; men try to stay as silent as possible to assure each other that they aren’t checking out each other’s junk. In unisex bathrooms, which rule dominates?

The other thing is that we men are now going to have to stand in line with all the women waiting for the bathroom. Perhaps at some level that may be more fair, but I’m not looking forward to it.

And again (in all seriousness)–if states pass the “you can use whatever bathroom you want” bill, is that going to include private businesses as well? Will they still get to tell people which bathroom to use? Or is it only going to apply to government buildings?

What about Jerryworld? (You guys know it as AT&T Stadium. I call it God’s Favorite Stadium.) Since it’s actually owned by the city of Arlington, will people get to choose which bathroom they go to there?

You guys are really concerned about high priority issues.

Yup

In some languages (e.g., Spanish, French, Greek), nouns have gender: masculine, feminine, or neuter.

I don’t know who started using “gender” to mean “sex”, but they should be ashamed of themselves; another perfectly good word ruined, along with “presently”, “comprise”, and “decimate”.

Do you think all of these LGBT defenders are right in pulling their support from the state of NC?

Charles Barkley Urges NBA To Move All-Star Game From North Carolina Due To Anti-LGBT Law

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2016/04/07/3767384/charles-barkley-nba-all-star-game-lgbt/ “I think the NBA should move the All-Star game from there next year. As a black person, I’m against any form of discrimination — against whites, Hispanics, gays, lesbians, however you want to phrase it. It’s my job, with the position of power that I’m in and being able to be on television, I’m supposed to stand up for the people who can’t stand up for themselves. So, I think the NBA should move the All-Star game from Charlotte.” http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/04/08/bruce-springsteen-cancels-nc-show-over-anti-gay-law/82804504/

The LBGT community in North Carolina just got a big show of solidarity from none other than Bruce Springsteen.

The rock icon announced Friday on hisofficial website that he is canceling Sunday’s scheduled show in Greensboro to protest the state’s newly passed House Bill 2 — dubbed the “bathroom law” — which dictates which public restrooms may be used by transgender individuals

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/05/technology/paypal-north-carolina-lgbt/

PayPal has canceled its plans to open a new global operations center in Charlotte, following passage of a North Carolina law that prevents cities from creating non-discrimination policies based on gender identity. The measure also mandates that students in state schools use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender when they were born.

Ah but “gender” doesn’t mean “sex”.

“Gender” is used as a word in Shakespeare, so it is not a recent invention. Gender comes from Latin gens, which is the root of both genus (as in a grouping of species) and genitals. It comes to English via Norman French, where it meant “type” or “kind” of person. According to the etymology I saw, it began to be used strictly to distinguish male and female around 500 years ago to be able to talk about these distinctions without the erotic overtones of saying sex.

Its really only in the last 20-30 years where gender has been used to distinguish male and female roles and/or identities versus sex, which has been given a more of an anatomical/medical meaning.

The Victorians were the ones that really went whole-hog on saying “gender” instead of “sex,” but since that is really the period where public education for all got underway, it is often perceived to be the way we always talked.

I’m surprised to see Sir Charles publicly defend the LGBT community. Blacks and Hispanics have always been strongly opposed to gay rights, despite being minorities and discriminated themselves.

How about outlawing people who don’t flush after pissing and deucing. If you are going to write a bathroom law, why not deal with something relevant???

^ I wouldn’t stop there. People who don’t wash their hands should be put on a national register.

^WHAT???

Surely you don’t mean washing after peeing? That’s just dumb.

You can always build a urinal at home. Now go back to work everybody.

is this you ace?

Women who say they can’t use urinals clearly aren’t trying hard enough.

It shouldn’t be hard too do when you’re peeing in your sink.