What to do (typical AF relationship thread )

Ok,here is the thing :

I met this really cool chick about two months ago (Not the Boston one) and we had a really awesome start. During this period we went out regularly and even spend 3 consecutive days at her place.I maybe going OCD here but whenever we don’t see each other for a few days she seems to be getting kind of cold and Meh during that time.At first, I thought its due to a problem or something, however, I later found out the symptoms get alleviated whenever we see each other, the problem is whenever I ask her if there is a reason for her getting cold she doesn’t respond with a logical or even acceptable answer. This may seem like a minor problem to y’all but I am thinking if she cannot express the reason for her emotional state /response type easily when she knows it is important for me then we may have a bigger problem down the road .

As stated above I have tried talking to her 2 times on why she gets cold during the time we don’t meet and she has not replied with an answer that seems to be acceptable.

P.S :I forgot to mention that she has just started her internship at this big Software company where it looks like she is working so much,but I still don’t know if its due to the internship or not. Also please don’t give the generic spend sometime to see how it turns out to be further down the road advice .

bitches be crazy. plenty of fish in the sea. if you truly love something, let it go. all is fair in love and war. you can’t truly love someone until you love yourself.

Probably just thinks you’re being clingy. I hated when I dated clingy people, always trying to leach off your attention with texts and shit when you’re trying to live real life. I’ll see them when I see them.

You getting clingy bro. If you keep asking her why she is being cold, of course she will be cold, so she will get attention. Maybe it is hard to see having just moved here, but US women are highly skilled in the art of ball squeezing. You should diversify your social life a bit, especially with female friends (you don’t have to be dating them). This will occupy your mind, and also make you more desirable in the eyes of the girl.

Advice: just stay away from American women, they are 99.9% like that, and the 0.1% are already taken. No point wasting years wondering “what’s the deal with these people?”. Nobody knows, probably not even them.

Yeah, I guess I am getting clingy.

She is somewhat as much American as you are (only by having a U.S passport).

Okay, then she’s cool, and you’re clingy. :slight_smile:

If i were you I’d text her everyday till you get the answer you want. If she doesn’t reply then text her 2 times a day… then up the ante by doing 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 up to 100 txts in 1 day. Do not give up, do not wimper or be afraid. Any sign that she ignores you is just her way of playing hard to get. You know those 2 blue ticks on your iphone message…? That means she likes you and she wants more! Keep going bro!

If you get to 100, you win the game.

Report back here when you’ve done the above and I will tell you what to do next.

Peace out!

She sounds like the kind of girl who likes to be treated like sh*t. You cling…she’s cold. Don’t talk to her and watch how she comes to you. This type of characteristic is annoying and many girls have it. Just casually date, don’t get emotionally attached. Remember, even if you’re in love with this girl…ALL relationships are awesome in the beginning and all of them get old at some point…unless you’re lucky enough to find someone it won’t get old with…but that’s very rare…don’t assume any relationship is like that. The only way to tell is if you end up dying together…in which case the only advice is “see how it goes further down the road”. Now go get some random a**.

^I don’t mind going cold,I just don’t like to play mind games with people and think I have to constantly adjust my behavior,but I guess I have over invested a bit.

You’re overthinking this. Just have fun, and move on. She’s being cold because she doesn’t dig you as much as you seem to like her. It’s only been 2 months and she’s already being cold? Pass.

Not at all, I think this is a totally reasonable thing to ask. If a person won’t answer directly – they lack basic communication skills, or are into mind games, or are 18 years old.

Welcome to the new generation of dating where no one knows how to communicate and everyone is looking for their soul mate on tinder. Chicks these days have a constant barrage of penis flying at them through tinder, bumble, instagram, fb even linkedin. Best advice to you is to work on yourself and as a result you’ll attract a higher caliber of woman.

You need to know that you are the one constant in your life and the only thing you can truly control. Work on your own mental state to reach a point where shit like this doesn’t even phase you. Set a value to yourself. Be confident. It will take time, but you will reach a point of enlightenment. Short term goal: chill the eff out. It’s been two months. These days that may as well be 2 years.

It’s not that I am “that” into her or anything. I just think it’s reasonable to ask someone why their behavior has changed.If they are direct and upfront about it (however irrational their reasons I don’t care) then at least they can talk.If they are like everything is so damn fine but still act weird then they may have underlying communication problems . Also, I base my life on priorities if she is my girlfriend she is the number 3,4 priority but if it is a random chick then it’s like a number 8,9 priority.

this type of wisdom is alien to kids. Most young people set goals like “i want a world class girlfriend” when their goal should be “i want to be the type of person who deserves a world class girlfriend”. so much disappointment comes out of this misunderstanding of reality. thanks participation trophies!

Tinder is one of the worst platforms for dating IMO. From the certain ethnic types who ask for "donations " to people who make use of the phrase sapiosexual I think everyone has some deep shit going on in Tinder. My success rate outside of Tinder is way too much higher than in tinder even though the population is in favour of Tinder. I just find the whole desperation of people on that platform too annoying. Working on your social circle is a much safer bet with long term benefits.

Was in the US recently and learned polyamory is the trendy new thing [facepalm].

“Hi, I’m a millennial sapiosexual polyamorist foodie”.

^hahahaha it is very trendy. I think that’s due to the dating app popularity at the moment.

God help this generation. So glad I haven’t had to date in a decade now. What a mess.