engagement pressure

why do women put so much pressure on one another for things that should be considered personal affairs? questions like, did you get a ring? did he propose?

because broads define themselves by whether/who they marry…relative to whether/who their friends marry. it’s science.

I think being nosey in personal affairs is a sign of insecurity or some sort of compensation for an inadequacy in a person’s life. I think mostly it is a way for a person to compare your experiences to their own experiences. For example, If you got a ring, said person will compare it to their own. If your ring is bigger there will be some form of jealousy or if not then some form of superiority will emerge.

Just my thoughts as I’m waiting for an assignment this Wednesday morning blush

Hahaha. Next meet up should be interesting.

^that’s a given, but not because of any of my circumstances. Just fielding a lot of second hand pressure bc her friends envisioned a proposal. I wish i could tell her friends to mind their business and when it comes they will know, until then stfu.

Because they have nothing of any real substance or value to talk about aside from each others lives.

Strong post. Harambe would be proud.

We are being defined by it by society whether we chose to or not. There is a real pressure once you hit late 20s which takes a lot of energy to deal with

Women tend to get jealous of their girlfriends who are getting married, I remember my wife’s girlfriend started to get jealous and alienating her when we started dating back then. One explanation could be they just like to talk about trivial stuff like ring size and stuff or they just want to dig up whatever material that’s gonna drive a wedge between you guys.

i really think this is a weak argument. nothing can force you to believe something. you have to choose to believe it - i.e. you have control over your own beliefs, it just requires a mind that isn’t weak and easily influenced by outside factors. “but but but…that’s hard and takes effort, wahhhhh”.

really what you are saying is women are too lazy and mentally weak to overcome “societal pressure”.

Yeah, I wouldn’t sweat it too much. I went through it once with a girl I dated for six years then again with my wife since we waited until our kid was basically two to do things on our own terms. You mostly just tune it out then they stop pestering you.

very true, but this applies to both women and men in all aspects of life. Most people find it easy to justify their own neediness instead of tackling it head on

groups of women will be groups of women. The key is being with a girl that’s sound enough not to listen to her friends and want to keep up with their expectations.

Not force, rather guilt trip :slight_smile: You can have your own beliefs all you like but the minute you don’t act the way you are expected to by society… oy vey

Not saying impossible to deal with, but takes a lot of mental energy which I’d rather spend doing something productive

Why women care so much about societal pressures? They get mad about things like “unrealistic expectations” from fashion magazines. Look, no one expects you to look like Scarlet. She is just hotter than you, accept it.

No guy goes around saying, fuck you, The Rock, for making unrealistic fitness expectations. They just generally say, yeah the Rock is awesome. Because that’s what bros do.

Agree big cheese - it applies to all people in all things. I just hate the victimhood mentality that is oh so acceptable in most aspects of today’s culture. Of course we can thank big government liberals for cultivating a nation of victims. Victims vote for the people who promise to make it all better with no effort on the part of the individual needed. What a great deal!

Because women are (hopefully not still) raised to comply to what’s expected of them, while men are raised to set their own expectations.

So you are blaming susceptibility to societal pressures on societal pressures?

I’ve always never gave a damn how other people see me, so this has always made no sense. but I get the behavior. Yea women care tons about their perception from others. friends all getting hitched or having kids? “omg I gotta lock it in”. showing off and comparing rings with friends, looking at photoshoppe models and thinking they need to look like that. this bag in fashion, that cute top etc on and on… I started dating younger girls because the big majority of girls 26+ to early 30s all having locking it in on their minds . the last 2 I dated were hinting marriage within 5 months . like damn.

I am saying they are exposed to societal pressures (in a marriage department at least) more than men