Playground rules

Ok don’t laugh,no trolling here.

There is a decent park near where I live which has a very decent monkey gym and all the bars need for bodyweight type of workout. The trouble is it has a very soccer mom type of atmosphere and there is a fair share of toddlers hanging around although no where near where I work out.TBH I haven’t had this type of exposure to the culture in the U.S ,is it ok to workout using those kids playground stuff ? I don’t want to look like a pedophile or anything,I can just change my routine to mornings although I have to get up at around 5:30 to meet other obligations throughout the day.

Again no troll post,respond like civilized people.

all it takes is one pedo to ruin it for the rest of us, eh?

Would not do it

I actually have no idea on this one, but want you to do it and wear a go pro just out of curiosity.

^ A guy I know extremely well at my BJJ gym got told by several of this Soccer mom types not to work out at the playground or else they call the cops. I know the dude really well and honestly he doesn’t look peculiar/odd in any way, I don’t want to base stuff on a single incident but I’d rather argue with a few men than with some mothers on these types of stuff. Some types of confrontations should be avoided since you’ll lose either way.

No, it’s not okay. Let’s forget about actually using the playground equipment for a second…it’s not even okay for an adult man with no kid(s) to hang around a children’s playground. Now, a guy with no kids using the playground? That’s not even in the realm of being okay.

not okay bro,stick to your backyard

Ok,I’ll either use the stuff at morning with no kids around or stick to my backyard.

The Items I will need:

1. Go Pro
  2. White Coat
  3. Pink Classic Car
  4. A cigar
  5. A bondsman

Nothing wrong with a sweaty man hanging out with a bunch of kids. Invest in a solid pull up bar OP. You never win with soccer moms.

On a side note, do you think if OP was incredibly ripped it would be okay?

So amazingly not okay. If I was there with my kids I’d call the cops on you.

If AF has taught me anything in the past week, it is that we should never succumb to societal pressures. Playground if a public utility funded by your tax dollars. What do little kids pay? They pay shit. So you should do what you want in this shared public space. Feel free to do full battle ropes routine, and even that thing where the muscle guys flip over huge truck tires and throw manhole covers. If the kids are caught and flung by the equipment, well, they were weak and need strong masculine role models anyway.

I had a decent pull up in my last house. The new place I moved into has low basement and garage ceiling and the yard/lawn is too neat to ruin it with a pull-up rig and those pull-up stations are kind of short for me so I really don’t have anywhere to put the damn thing.

I laughed so hard my abs hurt.

Yes.Ok.I got the point.

Just out of curiosity, what would the cops do if OP got reported?

Not a jab, genuinely curious.

Ok,I won’t do it.Situation taken care of .On a less serious note I would love to see what P.A thinks of the whole issue :smiley:

Just a guess here, but I suspect they would ask him what he was doing there, why he couldn’t work out someplace else, etc. If they got an okay vibe off of him, they would probably just tell him to find someplace else to workout that won’t freak out the local parents. If they got a pervy feel from him or he started spouting off about his rights and it’s a public playground, etc., I suspect they would beat the piss out of him and then arrest him for loitering. If he’s black, clearly they would pin him to the ground and shoot him.

I don’t think it’s a big deal as long as it’s clear you’re obviously training and not handing out candy to little kids.You could also go when there aren’t a lot of kids around…

^ Yeah, I am changing my routine to mornings instead.