If Colin Kaepernick had any pride left, he would retire

'Nuf said

is he the best lockdown advocate of BLM since Gabby Douglas?

He knows Gabbert will be the starter and his end is near. Would be surprised if he’s doing this as insurance if he gets cut.

https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/

I really dont care one way about his statement and think Mark Cuban has the right take on the situation but am interested in Kaep doing it, as he is a bottom tier starter in the league. Imagine the media storm if Cam Newton did this (although I imagine his massive sponsor deals would keep him from doing so)

Meh, I don’t agree with him but he seems to have put a lot of thought into this and feels like it’s what he’s supposed to do. I prefer that to the mindless like sharing that goes on in social media these days. He’s definitely put himself out there if he doesn’t perform this season though. A lot of people saying this isn’t the right way to do it, but he’s definitely brought A LOT of attention back to a cause he seems to think is important so I’d say it seems effective on the surface. And he did it without spouting a bunch of hateful rhetoric.

Kaepernick: "I have great respect for men and women that have fought for this country. I have family. I have friends that gone and fought for this country. They fight for freedom. They fight for the people. They fight for liberty and justice for everyone. And that’s not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up as far as, you know, giving freedom and justice and liberty to everybody…

Yes, I’ll continue to sit. I’m going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed. To me, this is something that has to change. When there’s significant change, and I feel like that flag represents what it’s supposed to represent and this country is representing people the way that it’s supposed to, I’ll stand."

I don’t agree with the guy, but I think people need to let him have his opinion and express it his way instead of rushing to twist this into a discussion about “the troops” which it clearly is not. The DoD is a great part of America, but the flag still stands for America and the national anthem is not the DoD theme song. It’s also somewhat concerning to me that an idea as broad as America has been supplanted by the image of an armed force. Maybe the shot callers in D.C. need to tone it down a notch with the overseas deployments when the flag has come to represent the military rather than the other way around.

^ Yea thats kind of the gist of what Cuban said. He wasnt causing any violence he wasnt stopping anyone from doing anything in his protest. The amount of people on my facebook feed saying to the BLM movement that “this isnt the way to go about this” after the riots, this is exactly what you wanted. A peaceful protest that doesnt harm anyone, and still people complain

Yeah I can see how this wouldn’t fly in Texas.

Tony Romo can’t currently stand for the anthem either, for what it’s worth. Lolololololol.

^ LMAO

Ironic, given Greenman recently made an angry post about the Cowboys not being allowed to sport stickers honoring cops. Apparently political statements are OK unless they’re the wrong political statement.

It’s his right and its the National Anthem not the Pledge.

I think people (and celebrities in particular) confuse attention with affecting change. What CK did was purely for attention and it didn’t do a thing to move his cause forward. In fact, it only hurt it.

He should really reconsider and stand next time. I think he’s going to be sitting down most of the season anyway.

And I have no problem with people disagreeing with his decision either. Just some of the hubris to rake him over the coals like a national traitor strikes me as excessive (not referring to you).

I with BS. I dont personally agree with his decision but its his to make and I at least understand his point. He isnt harming anyone, there are a lot worse things that have happened in the world. It reminds me of when everyone drilled Obama because he didnt wear the American flag pin

But if you care to dig a little deeper you’ll find CK hasn’t actually done anything to help the BLM cause. Has he done any community outreach programs? Has he advocated open dialogue with law enforcement? Has he used any of his millions of dollars to better the lives of the disenfranchised?

What it really boils down to are two things: 1) His actions are counter-productive; and 2) he is actually an idiot. As in, he is a simpleton. Beyond the talking points his PR person hastily put in his hands, when asked how he would solve the problems or what success for minorities would look like he admits he doesn’t understand the problem.

If you’re going to take a very public stance - one you know is going to be extremely unpopular - you better have an agenda beyond “raising awareness.”

Isnt that really what this country is about? Hollow statements like everyone saying how they “Support Our Troops” yet vote to defund veterans programs etc.

I dont disagree with you completely, but its hard to hold CK to a different standard then we hold everyone else

He didn’t stand for the National Anthem this isn’t even a requirement by the NFL. It’s not like he went on television and insulted a Gold Star Family.

But he CAN be with his team on the sidelines during the national anthem. Lolololololol.

But to be fair, Tom Brady is suspended for four games because he…didn’t really do anything at all.

James Harrison (amongst others) is forced to fly to NY to defend himself against an Al-Jazeera report that Al Jazeera admitted was false.

Yet a guy who openly disrespects the military and the country (whether that was his intention or not) doesn’t even get an admonishment? In fact, the NFL doesn’t require it of the players?

Seriously–which one does more “damage to the shield”? Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg, Josh Gordon smoking weed, or an NFL player refusing to stand during the national anthem?

Maybe things are just very different in Texas. He didnt stand during a song that we sing before we play a game. It seems pretty ridiculous that we are having this discussion but oh well. He meant it in protest, its generating conversation, it appears to be pretty successful on his part. If you really wanted to chap his arse you would just ignore the whole thing.

Understatement of the year?