He Didn't Even Vote

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/49ers-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-didnt-vote-last-tuesday-172102897.html

So after all the attention he brought to his “cause” Kaep didn’t even vote because "…[t]o me, the oppressor isn’t going to let you vote your way out of your oppression.” I can already see PA shedding a tear of pride.

Stephen A Smith went berserk over this.

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91353750

Kapernick’s got stamina

Funny how this millionaire athlete whose speech is not only unrestricted, but broadcasted nationally, claims to be oppressed.

HIs vote doesn’t count thanks to the Electoral College, which is an instrument used to preserve power of slaveowners. So yeah, still oppressed.

^ He should ask to be traded to Detroit so his vote can count.

it doesnt matter in cali

Doesn’t change the result in CA. Whether it “matters” or not is debatable.

Don’t be so hard on the guy. His African American father bailed on his destitute white mother before he was even born. Who knows what would have happened to him if he hadn’t been adopted by a middle class white family and raised in a middle class predominantly-white neighborhood? He knows what it’s like to have white adoptive siblings and grow up looking Italian in America.

Image result for colin kaepernick baby pictures

Looks like fellow kneeler Mike Evans didn’t bother to vote either.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/mike-evans-indicates-on-instagram-he-didnt-vote-before-protesting-donald-trump-181824165.html

Since he never bothered to change his registration from TX to FL though, even if he voted it wouldn’t have “mattered”.

^correct!

I don’t see how protesting systemic perceived state and municipal level police brutality against black men (that has existed through presidents of all parties including the most recent black president), has anything to do with the federal election (or any election) beyond feeble minded attempts of simplistic morons to equate the two.

The lame argument here is that somehow Hillary (white woman) offers improvement at the state level over Trump (white man) despite it being an issue that understandably persisted for eight years under Obama (black man) and prior to that as well and that therefore his not voting upends his protest… yawn.

Because I guess Trump is somehow pro-police brutality and Hillary was going to fix it…

I don’t believe a distinction was made between the federal election and local elections but at the federal level:

President appoints Attorney General, with Senate confirmation

President appoints US Attorneys around the country, with Senate confirmation

President appoints Director of FBI, with Senate confirmation

President appoints federal judges, with Senate confirmation

So, the people who decide to investigate, conduct the investigation, present the case against, and preside over the trial of persons who are believed to violate federal civil rights statues, which are written by people who were elected in a federal election, are all appointed by someone elected in a federal election. And, oh yeah, it the case gets appealed enough, it could end up in front of 9 people appointed by the POTUS and confirmed by the Senate. Of course if the POTUS is a racist who appoints a racist Attorney General, racist US Attorneys, racist federal judges, a racist FBI director, and racist Supreme Court justices, all of whom get confirmed by racist members of the Senate, there effectively is no such thing as violating federal civil rights statues.

What is this, six degrees of separation, that’s pretty tangential. Under 8 years of Obama and the various POTUS before this of either party have we seen any observable impact to this trickle down theory? No. So the problem is obviously that Obama appointed a racist cabinet that then appointed racist attorney generals, OK. And sure, Hillary clearly would have fixed racism with her superior racist spider sense. Trump being racist is your butt hurt opinion. Your candidate lost, get over it, this is just a strawman argument trying to lump to unrelated causes in between play-do and coloring sessions.

By the time we even get to the bolded verbal diarrhea you’re attempting to pass as a coherent thought it becomes pretty clear what we’re dealing with.

Kaep had it right when he said it didn’t matter who was elected and has enough self respect not to play a moronic game that somehow distracts America just enough every four years to create the illusion of change. But yeah, his vote was also in CA.

I’m guessing out of the thousands upon thousands of people that identify as part of the BLM movement, approximately a dozen know how this process works.

Hillary wasn’t my candidate and neither was Trump but I don’t think he’s a racist, so you’re anger is misdirected. Kaep’s position though is that you can’t fix the system by participating in the system and I disagree. If I’m not mistaken, the AG’s office opened several investigations of police forces for systemic racist practices during the Obama administration. Would those investigations have taken place under McCain or Romney? Maybe, maybe not. If a true racist were in office would they have taken place? Almost certainly not. That’s not really the point though. If you make no effort to participate in the fundamental mechanism for changing the system, you have zero chance of doing it. You can certainly work to change the system other ways, but why not also do the absolutely easiest thing too?

Earlier he made the point that the link between institutionalized racism within the state police force (not my stance) is tangentially linked at best to federal elections. I think most BLM supporters are also arguing that the racism is hidden and ingrained in the psyche and state laws as well as tactics of the police forces rather than an overt racism that can be fixed by hiring “non-racist” DA’s. That being said, fine you can disagree with it, but he is repeatedly being sought out via some weird obsession by people trying to find an angle on the guy after his initial act of protest wound up being validated a la Dixie Chicks.

^ I didn’t seek him out, it was one of the top headlines on Yahoo and I found it ironic. He’s certainly entitled to a different opinion, but I would suspect that most civil rights cases are brought by the feds, not state and local agencies, so the only way to root out systemic racism is to have people in the federal government who are focused on it. No one is required to vote though, so if he wants to affect change by kneeling and his employer is okay with that, more power to him.