Undocumented crossing into Canada

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/17/515662976/migrants-choose-arrest-in-canada-over-staying-in-the-u-s?sc=tw

Cliff Notes Version: Undocumented immigrants in the US are increasingly crossing illegally into Canada hoping they’ll be allowed to stay. The Canadians here are good with this, right?

Pretty boy Trudeau is probably not opposed to it. I’d guess that many actual Canadian citizens would have a problem with it. Canada should start its own great wall project. The economy could use a bit of a boost.

Just the same as in the US, some people would oppose it, and some people would be sympathetic to illegal immigrants.

From my experience people from warmer climes like the security and freedom of Canada but not the weather. Whether they stay or not usually hinges on the latter point. They will probably be allowed to stay, we let everybody in… 85yo grandmothers grand aunts etc with cancer? No problem, pick up your healthcard at the next station.

Canada already has a wall.

Image result for canada's wall

wonder how long ‘everyone welcome’ will continue.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUXhBm-g3YE]

So the general sentiment is “It’s fine if you come here because you won’t want to stay anyway”?

Please address him by his proper name, Mr Steal Yo Girl.

Canada has welcomed 40,000 refugees from Syria in the last 1.5 years without anyone really giving a damn (per capita it’s as if the US accepted 400k). At this point, what’s a few thousand illegals going to change. There are many cities here already applying for sanctuary city status and there has been no outcry from the population.

^ A few thousand illegals isn’t going to change anything. Will sentiment be the same if it becomes a million illegals? Maybe instead of sending people back to Mexico and Central America, ICE could drop them along the northern border. Sounds like a win-win-win.

I don’t know about the west coast but we’ve taken a lot of the Syrian refugees here. There are definitely rumblings from the locals about this policy. The one nice thing about Canadians is we’re always too polite to tell you how we really feel.

IMO it has more to do with assimilating, since birth, the notion that immigration is inherently a good thing.

Multiculturalism is almost like a religion in Canada and questioning it is pretty much taboo.

People in Québec tend to be more skeptical of immigration and are routinely vilified as supremacists and fascists by the English-speaking media.

There will never be a million illegals wanting to live in Canada. Heck I dont even think there are a million LEGAL immigrants that applied to move to Canada in the past year. You are underestimating the importance that people give to climate when deciding to live somewhere. The only factor that can overcome climate is a vibrant economy and Canada does not offer enough opportunities to compensate for the Arctic weather.

Yup, totally agree with the first two lines.

People in Quebec are definitely skeptical but in my experience they don’t like anyone else except Quebeckers. Which is a shame because their victimhood mentality gets in the way of showing everyone else what a wonderful, vibrant people they are.

You guys are forgetting the fact that Vancouver has a much better weather than a lot of the US cities out there.

you also have no jobs and no affordable housing.

Well, being 8 million of French speakers surrounded by 360 million of rather homogenous English speakers who don’t like you either will do that to you.

Also, the second bolded part is one of the reasons Québécois people tend to dislike Anglo-Saxon North Americans: their inability (or unwillingness) to accept that a nation may want to retain its culture and language and takes measures towards that goal. Anglo-Saxon culture systematically amalgamates that behavior to defeatism, unwillingness to modernise, fascism, etc.

In a way Anglo-Saxons cannot be blamed due to their absolutely glorious history of military, economical and cultural domination, as they never had the need to even grasp those concepts, but the fact remains that Anglo-Saxons are pretty autistic when it comes to understanding other mentalities.

You are either a regular moron who says words they dont really understand, or a douche bag that says words that dont really fit but make you feel better about yourself. Get a better vocabulary, itll make you seem like you arent some stormfront loser who cries about how hard everything is for them.

It’s called a hyperbole.

See, you learned a new word today, since you care so much about vocabulary.

As for the rest of your aggressive, incoherent rambling, I won’t even bother.

Have a nice day.

Its pretty shit hyperbole, so the point stands.