2013 NFL Playoffs Thread

Don’t count out the Packers because of their defense. Adrian Peterson makes a lot of teams look bad. The Packers were actually #11 in total defense this season and played large stretches without Charles Woodson or Clay Matthews.

Even if defense is bad, Rodgers has 4 receivers back, and could really run up the score putting a lot of pressure on opposing offenses. I think their bigger worry has to be their offensive line. Jeff Saturday has lost his starting spot, and Bulaga is on IR…

Even though I had SEA > WAS, RG3’s knee injury by the end of the game was hard to see. The kid is legit.

RG3 injury looked painful on TV. Hope he learns from this experience on how not to jeopardize his career over a game (especially when he was completely ineffective after the first quarter). IMO, he was to be blamed for the loss yesterday, along with the coaches.

I don’t blame RG3 at all. In a big game, big-time QBs always want to play. This is all on Shanahan. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets canned.

^ Agree. A player’s job is to play. It’s up to the medical staff and coaching staff to tell him he can’t. RG3 was cleared to play by the doctors, so it was Shanahan’s job to determine what was best for the team, a limited RG3 or a healthy backup. Can’t remember the backup’s name, but he played pretty well at the end of the regular season when RG3 was out.

And it’s coming out that Shanahan lied about RG3’s condition. RG3’s doctor - that famous pro athlete doctor dude - had expressed serious concerns that RG3’s knee wasn’t stable enough to play. Shanahan not only ignored the concerns, he lied and said RG3 was healthy.

His name is James Andrews. The same one that did AD’s knee surgery last year.

But of course he’s going to protect his reputation and say, “I never cleared him.” How would it look if the world-famous physician cleared somebody to play, then they blew their knee out? That injury happened in Week 14. This is Week 18. Did the team doctor (Dr. Andrews) not have time to evaluate RG3 in four weeks?

I believe Andrews was referring to an earlier injury.

3/4 this week.

Seahawks

Packers

Broncos

Pats

Brady vs Manning + rematch of the fail mary pass in the conference finals

I’m glad we were able to beat the bengals. The past few weeks left me with little faith.

Unfortunately we got rocked last time vs. the Patriots so who knows what’ll happen.

I stand by my original picks.

R G Knee!

See ya, Peyton. As a patriots fan I’m delighted not to have a manning in our way. Hopefully todays game goes well.

There goes my superbowl: Manning vs Brady.

Broncos were too conservative in the last 2 minutes of regulation time. You have the greatest QB of all time in Peyton and Fox chooses to run the ball 3 straight times. I understand doing that if you have Sanchez or Fitzpatrick as QB.

That was disappointing. I was hoping for Packers v Patriots. Super bowl rematch. Owell. Now we have boring teams like Ravens advance, and we get another few weeks of Ray Lewis man-love. yay.

…and ~30 seconds left, 2 timeouts, Peyton Manning, and you take a knee?

Granted, much of the blame has to go to the secondary, how do you give up that long td, that’s awful. That said, Ravens played well, wouldn’t even have been that close if it wasn’t for Holliday’s TDs.

I agree with you. Having the Ravens and Niners advance will reduce interest. Roger Goddell should use the “in the best interest of football” clause and reinstate the Broncos and Packers. Everyone I know (even the marginal fans) wanted to see Peyton vs Brady. It would have been the highest rated Conference final in history.

The worst thing that can happen to the sport is having a Harbaugh Bowl. It would be reminiscent of the worst Super Bowl in history (Ravens vs Giants).

As someone born and raised in Green Bay, all I can say is that last night’s game was an absolute kick in the teeth. I don’t even think that the Packers played that poorly. They scored 31 points on one of the best defenses in football. Even the Packers’ defense was adequate, save for one huge exception - 3rd down. Hats off to the 49ers - that was a solid W.

And the Falcons are now way ahead. Patriots to win it all.