2013 NFL Playoffs Thread

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you NEVER ice the kicker. As good of a job as Pete Carroll has done this year, it doesn’t surprise me in the least that he made a huge mistake like that.

My AFC bracket is still looking good, and my revised pick in the NFC will be 49ers over Falcons.

49ers are not that good of a team, Packers blew it by poor game management - not running the ball enough and overcommiting to the run on play-action.

I’m taking the Falcons and the Pats. That should make for a good super bowl.

I was more impressed by the Falcons. I predict 49ers beat Falcons

Pats beat Ravens

Pats win it all

I agree that the 49ers aren’t great, but the Packers had no shot with their weak LB corps against Kaepernick. I suspect the Falcons will have a similarly tough time corralling him (they didn’t do a very good job of containing Wilson, either), but it should at least be a closer game.

The argument of Peyton Manning as the greatest QB ever is almost indefensible. He’s closer to Marino than to Montana at this point. He’s been in the playoffs 12 years, and has eight one-and-done’s, four of them as the no. 1 seed. The greatest QB ever would have found a way to win some of those eight one-and-done’s.

This Kaepernick kid is serious. I wonder if he can be figured out in the next game or two. Yeah, I also hope there’s no Harbaugh Bowl.

Pats will take care of business in the AFC…

would’ve loved to see seattle go through that was some comeback. its gonna be niners vs pats.

I had Broncos over Falcons, so I’ll now go Ravens over Falcons.

Peyton Manning also had terrible coaches. Like I mentioned several times, if Dungy was coaching the Pats and Belichick was coaching the Colts, Manning would have 3 rings and Brady would have 1.

Look at how Belichick handles Brady. He has so much confidence in him, he almost always leaves his offense on the field on 4th and short in the opponents side of the field (hell, he even left Brady in on 4th down on his own 28 yard line in a famous Sunday night game vs the Colts a few years ago with a LEAD, not trailing). Sean Payton does the same with Brees and Coughlin surprisingly does the same with Eli.

Peyton is being managed by conservative risk averse coaches who trust their defenses too much. You need only one 1st down to end the game and Fox decides to run 3 straight times instead of putting the ball in the hands of his best player. There’s 30 seconds left in the game with 2 timeouts yet Fox prefers to gamble on a coin toss. Yet Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco can go up the field and put pts on the board in 30 seconds.

I’m not disagreeing with you entirely, but would you have a different opinion of Peyton Manning if Hank Baskett recovers that onside kick in Super Bowl XLIV? His ability to influence the outcome of the game is limited by the number of plays where he’s actually on the field. One Super Bowl win legitimizes a quarterback, in my opinion - but multiple titles add to their mistique.

Or what if in Super Bowl XXXVI Mike Martz had used Marshall Faulk more, and managed the clock better, and the Patriots cornerbacks didn’t get away with holding Rams receivers, and the Patriots didn’t film the Rams…

In the first few years of Brady’s career he was essentially a game manager on a powerful team, later on in the decade did he truly develop into what he is today, and he’s only gotten better with age.

There’s no such thing as THE greatest QB ever. You can make valid arguments for and against Manning, Brady, Montana, Starr, Unitas, Baugh, Marino, Elway, Graham and Favre. I think it is unquestionable though that Manning is among the greatest to play the position.

Well, one out of three ain’t bad.

Using Bayesian techniques, I shall update my expectations to fit the new information. I now predict a Harbaugh Brothers Super Bowl! (John beats Jim.)

And Ray Lewis leaves with a bang!

Pun intended?

Harbaugh Bowl = ratings killer.

I understand a lot of people have been saying this, but how many audience members actually watch football for the coaches? I for one am pretty excited about the teams in the Super Bowl, regardless of whether they’re coached by the Harbaughs or whomever else.

The teams they coach are boring. I’m not a fan of defensive teams. Would have loved to see the Pats, Saints, Packers, Lions, Falcons, Colts at the big dance. This will be the worst SB since Ravens vs Giants. What will be the over/under in TDs combined for this game? 1.5? They played each other last year and I believe it finished 9-7.

This is awful. I’d rather go read “Volume 5 Alternative Investments” than watch these boring ass teams.

^ lol

Geez, hats off to the Ravens but they got lucky. If Welker hadn’t dropped that pass in the 2nd quarter it would have been a much different game.

I’m going with the Ravens as Ray Lewis is my hero.