2017 NFL Playoff Predictions

KC will crush Pittsburgh. Aside from the fact that Ben is not good on the road, KC will be healthy (Houston is coming back), Reid is awesome after a bye, and Arrowhead will be going crazy…Pittsburgh beat the shit out of us early in the year. KC totally fell apart and got embarrassed. No one in KC has forgotten that.

Then it’s off to NE. Keep in mind, we played the Pats hard last year and lost mainly due to 1/3 of our team getting injured. I still have to give the edge to NE, but I really don’t hear too many Pats fans online saying they’re looking forward to playing KC.

And that will be the real Super Bowl. Whoever wins that game will easily take whoever the NFC puts up there.

Yeah I have no idea how those odds are calculated. I imagine homefield advantage drives a good portion of it.

Ironically the Patriots went 8-0 on the road this year.

KC and NE only have to win two games to win the AFC, and one of those will be at home. Pittsburgh has to win three–two of them on the road.

I think that has a lot to do with it.

Perhaps that’s why they’re called odds. (Though, technically, they’re probabilities, not odds.)

In the AFC, it’s between the Pats, Chiefs, and Steelers. I gave Chiefs the nod due to their vastly superior special teams play. I’m betting that the Tyreek Hill factor will be able to overcome Reid’s inevitable clock management snafu and the Pat’s home field advantage.

NFC is way tougher to call. I think whoever wins the Giants/Packers game likely goes to the Super Bowl, but it’s hard to count out the Cowboys and Falcons completely.

pats will roll the AFC. most likely wont need to cheat this year

Winner of Packers/Giants game goes all the way. That’s the real Super Bowl.

I endorse BValGuy and former trader.

Giants looked pretty good for most of the first half.

Then they decided to go another way. Wow. Embarrassing.

[original post removed]

Turd 4 - 0

Tom Brady’s reaction to the Giants being bounced out of the playoffs.

ditto

OBJ’s drops killed them. Their offense isn’t dynamic enough to overcome the drop on the 3rd down conversion and the drop in the end zone. Shepard’s drop in the end zone obviously hurt as well (think it was same drive as OBJ’s end zone drop). Much different game if they convert that 3rd down and put up the TD instead of FG, but that’s football. I knew it was over when GB got the Hail Mary TD at the end of the half. Giants are a lot closer than I thought to being a true contender though. Add a pass rusher and a decent RB (could be Perkins) and they’re right there. Adding a pass rusher is a tall order though.

I mean, that was one of the most predictable first rounds in a long time. Shouldn’t be too proud of going 4-0 when the home teams were pretty big favorites and all won easily.

^ So you didn’t actually think the Giants would win, you just picked them to look smart in case they did?

I thought the game would be much closer (and certainly could have played out differently but for a few ridiculous drops by Giants WRs in the first half and that insane hail mary play) and as a Giants fan I felt sort of obligated to pick them. If I wanted to be rational about it, I’d have just picked all the favorites.

OBJ punching holes maaan.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx170109/ranking-easiest-paths-super-bowl-houston

As of 1/9, odds to win the Super Bowl:

• Patriots - 40%
  • Cowboys - 16%
  • Falcons - 19%
  • Seahawks - 5%
  • Chiefs - 8%
  • Steelers - 5%
  • Packers - 6%
  • Texans - 1%

Bring it, Pittsburgh.