2017 NFL Playoff Predictions

I went 3/4 last week. I took the Lions over Seattle, which is the game I got wrong. I don’t know if that was just wishful thinking, or if I really underestimated Seattle’s D that much.

Nonetheless, let me update my picks for this weekend:

Dallas and Seattle

New England and Kansas City

The remaining games are all extremely intriguing. Well, for me at least. I don’t care if the Pats game is close. Hopefully the divisional round makes up for such a crappy weekend of football.

Pats > Texans Hawks > Falcons Steelers > Chiefs Pack > Cowboys

I’m thinking GM’s Boys lose by a last second hail Mary TD from Rodgers. broken heart

Didn’t see either of the AFC games, but nothing I saw in the NFC games makes me want to change my picks, so I’m sticking with:

Packers

Falcons

Pats

Chiefs

So here’s the spread (per Mike & Mike this morning):

Patriots by 16

Cowboys by 4

Atlanta by 4.5

Chiefs by 1.5

I’ll take all of those except Atlanta. I think Seattle wins that one straight up.

This thread is amusing. People are bragging about correctly predicting NFL games with no spread. I can go 16 for 16 during the regular season if spreads aren’t used.

No you can’t. However I agree with your general point.

Yeah, in most weeks, not all 32 teams play due to a bye week. So 16 for 16 not possible most of the time.

Respect the bad joke, but no. I’d actually be shocked over the course of a season if someone could go perfect in even one full week, whether there’s 13 games or 16.

Not using a spread obviously makes things easier, but come on. People would be hammering moneyline bets if it was that easy.

No you can’t.

Which game did you predict the Browns to win? Which game did you predict the Patriots to lose?

What are your predictions for this weekend?

Who won these games? (no peeking)

• Week 2 - Seahawks @ Rams
  • Week 2 - Jets @ Bills
  • Week 2 - Chiefs @ Texans
  • Week 2 - Falcons @ Raiders
  • Week 3 - Steelers @ Eagles
  • Week 3 - Rams @ Buccaneers
  • Week 3 - Lions @ Packers
  • Week 3 - Redskins @ Giants
  • Week 3 - Texans @ Patriots
  • Week 4 - Bills @ Patriots
  • Week 4 - Lions @ Bears
  • Week 4 - Chiefs vs. Steelers
  • Week 7 - Seahawks @ Cardinals
  • Week 7 - Redskins @ Lions
  • Week 7 - Vikings @ Eagles
  • Week 7 - Bills @ Dolphins

We have a pick 'em pool at work that about 50 people participate in. Each week all you have to do is pick the winner of each game, straight-up. This season only one person went 16-0. Over the last 7-8 years I’d say it’s probably happened maybe six times.

We look forward to your picks next season to prove it. Are you also standing by your statement that the winner of the Packers/Giants game (sadly, the Packers) will win the SB?

I’ve also played in a pick’em pool for the last several years, no spreads, just picking the winner. It’s run through ESPN, which in addition to keeping your own leagues stats, also allows you to compare to the best in all ESPN pick’em leagues. Out of over 28k participants, the top two people correctly guessed 182 games (out of 256 games). So going 16 for 16 over an entire NFL season is not a likely outcome.

Wow! Looks like tax season is in offseason!

Bump for Former Trader’s picks. Only 7 games left, not even half way to 16, should be easy to close out the year undefeated.

Greenman, want to wager on Sunday’s Packers / Cowboys game?

Yeah FT, who ya got?

Steelers/Chiefs bumped 7 hours back due to an incoming storm.

Straight up, FT-style? Or against the spread?

No matter, Cowboys will certainly cover a 4-point spread any day against Green Bay’s undersized D-Line and their pitiful secondary.