5 pounds in 2 weeks?

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has it really though? More like twig legs and so > so upper body I’ve been doing that for years (ever since I dislocated my shoulder in hockey) and it works well. The key is variation, with that as a base. Probably once a week I mix in the stand on your head shoulder press things. I don’t know what they are called, but they’re f’ing hard. I play soccer and mountain bike, which takes care of the legs…probably better than most gym stuff. The only gym cardio I really tolerate is the rowing machine. What I really need to do is quit drinking beer and go on like a vodka and diet coke regimen…but then I’d probably become an alchy.

You could also benefit from a real lifting routine…

LaGrandeFinale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t lift weights, but I like your facebook > status. Wait, you’re a fb friend of mine? Is this a new alias of yours or something?

I just run the city, I don’t do too much jogging. -Jay-Z, off of Drake’s new track ‘Light Up’

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You could also benefit from a real lifting > routine… This is you, right? I can’t wait to workout today! I’m going to do Chest & Biceps, actually I think I’ll do Tris and Lats, or maybe Legs and Abs. Fuck it! I’m lifting everything! I’ll do 16 sets of everything today. It doesn’t matter. I love weights! I f’ing love lifting them. I love the gym; I’m probably going to stay here for six hours today because I love working out so much. Alright time to get busy. I’m going to make incredibly obnoxious noises so the whole entire gym knows I’m lifting heavy weights. I can bench press 350 lbs. I can squat 500 lbs. Everyone will know this before I leave the gym today. Jesus, my tan looks great under these lights! I think I’ll step it up to four times a week and a couple extra minutes in the bed. I tan naked. I’m so tan everywhere. I love being tan. I love protein shakes more than anything in life. I drink 50 protein shakes a day. I’m drinking one right now. I want to crap protein. I f’ing love this sh!t! Is that a mirror? I’ll look in it from the corner of eye so no one knows I’m looking at myself. God, I wish I could look dead-on at myself right now because I look that f’ing good. LOOK AT MY BICEPS! They look so huge today. I know other people are looking at them, and I’ll just let them look. I don’t blame them one bit. My arms are enormous. D@mn! My batteries in my CD player are running low. D@mn! How am I supposed to listen to my Korn CD? How am I going to get pumped up without it? Damn, my arms look huge today. Check out that chick. She f’ing wants me. You can tell. I don’t blame her. I look great. … She wants to touch these ARMS! I will let her touch them if she asks nicely. My penis is so small. It doesn’t really matter, I’m so ‘cut’ everywhere else. My chest and my arms are ripped! Besides, my penis gets a little bigger when it’s hard. It doesn’t matter, I’m HUGE everywhere else. Just look at these biceps. I need a more supplements right now!! I’m going to GNC after the gym and I’m going to spend $800 on bullsh!t pills with this sh!tty gold card that proves I go to GNC. I’m going to buy Amino Acids, and everything else just to buy it. I just want to spend my money there so bad. I think I’m done working out for the day. I could work out all day if I wanted too, but my HUGE muscles need to rest. I feel so swoll! I’m going to go get another protein shake. It helps my muscle recovery. I love protein so much! God, my penis is so small.

Progress ======== GymDay-3 1. 4 miles of treadmill (around 500 cals; 35 mins) 2. 20 miles of spin (around 700 cals; 50 mins)

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LaGrandeFinale Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I don’t lift weights, but I like your facebook > > status. > > Wait, you’re a fb friend of mine? Is this a new > alias of yours or something? yeps brianr - I just uploaded 2 snaps. And yes as a ritual, change my id at every level.

LaGrandeFinale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > LaGrandeFinale Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I don’t lift weights, but I like your > facebook > > > status. > > > > Wait, you’re a fb friend of mine? Is this a new > > alias of yours or something? > > yeps brianr - I just uploaded 2 snaps. And yes as > a ritual, change my id at every level. Just saw them man. I had no idea you switch your id every level, good to know.

eureka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t lift weight really, although I used to. > Now I do all body weight. I just do a straight > circuit of: > > 1) Pull ups to 15 or failure. > 2) Push ups to 60 or failure. > 3) 50 inclined sit ups with whatever variations I > feel like. > > Very fast and efficient. I also feel that lifting > your body weight is most likely to give you > natural looking, functional muscle. I compliment > that with cardio through sports or running/biking. Bodyweight exercises have worked out pretty well for Hershel Walker.

I’m a believer that Calisthenics / Bodyweight exercises should be the core of strength training with some wight possibly thrown in to supplement versus the other way around. I can never understand how some dude can squat 500 lbs yet throw out his back picking up a pail of paint or cry and twitch like a sissy in yoga class. I was a trainer in college and I could never understand why guys work out like this- training their bodies into unbalanced/ inflexible muscle bound masses that did no even have the strength to carry their own weight properly…

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m a believer that Calisthenics / Bodyweight > exercises should be the core of strength training > with some wight possibly thrown in to supplement > versus the other way around. I can never > understand how some dude can squat 500 lbs yet > throw out his back picking up a pail of paint or > cry and twitch like a sissy in yoga class. I was > a trainer in college and I could never understand > why guys work out like this- training their bodies > into unbalanced/ inflexible muscle bound masses > that did no even have the strength to carry their > own weight properly… Wow… you’re an absolute idiot if you truly believe that strength training with weights makes you inflexible and prone to injury.

re-read bud…I did not say that. I will say with 99% confidence that 99% of the “that dude” gym population’s methods are VERY misguided in terms of a balanced strength, endurance, flexibility & balance perspective. But then again the #1 goal of many is having the largest and vein-iest biceps and pecks and nothing more. Its kinda like fat chicks spending hundreds on hair an nails… get the basics taken care of first buds, and then throw in the wights. You have to be pretty freaking strong to need weight beyond your own if you know basic physics.

It depends entirely on your goal. If you want to get stronger (not necessarily bigger), you have to add weight to your exercises. Calisthenics alone are simply not enough. Look at the bodybuilders or people who are just fit in general, 99% of them focus on weight lifting and only use body weight exercises as accessory exercises.

Ak, I weigh 160 lbs and if I only did pushups I could probably get up to 300 - 400 at a time b/c I weigh so little. Also, doing body suqats wouldn’t do anything for me. Beyond that I enjoy the challenge of trying to push 5 lbs more than last week.

There’s not really any good lower body exercises you can do without weights. Your legs are capable of lifting much much more than just body weight.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ak, > > I weigh 160 lbs and if I only did pushups I could > probably get up to 300 - 400 at a time b/c I weigh > so little. > > Also, doing body suqats wouldn’t do anything for > me. > > Beyond that I enjoy the challenge of trying to > push 5 lbs more than last week. exactly- you’ve passed step one so now its time for you to move on. My point is there are a lot of people in the gym throwing around weights that cannot do a single pull-up or touch their toes. Do push-ups… one you can do those do them with your feet on a chair, with one arm, do them @ max pace, do them slow, do them wide, etc. … THEN hit the weights to complement. I’m well aware that you won’t a mr universe physique with body weight exercises alone- and perhaps I’m wrong but I’m not sure thats what most guys are going for. In my experience you can get a lean, toned body doing pretty simple exercises. Bulky is another thing.

Body squats do nothing for me either. Weighted squats help my legs get stonger, but did not really help me jump higher. For that I would do burpees, deep knee bend jumps, etc. I guess I’m not working out for looks though. I understand the appeal of lifting weights, and I used to lift weights when I had more free time. I just don’t think it is a very time efficient way to work out.

Weighted squats help your entire body get stronger. Those and deadlifts are the two best exercises for developing overall strength. Bodybuilders are not strength athletes. They focus on isolation exercises to shape their physiques which can lead to imbalances and injuries. And if anyone believes that cardio is more effective than resistance training for burning fat and maintaining a healthy body and appearance they need to get their head checked.

How about getting a model body? Nups and Brian - Any idea about this? Heavy weight or light weight with more reps? Any specific workout for abs?

Semi NWS This guy doens’t do any cardio or ab specific workout. Squat and deadlift heavy http://www.simplyshredded.com/exclusive-zyzz-interview.html