Access Scholorship Data Collection - Quick and Dirty

80% on mocks going in… I would be surprised if i failed, but who knows in reality.

I’m also not able to purchase the books.

“You are not eligible to purchase CFA curriculum.”

I have the “not eligible to apply.”

Candidate member that has never applied for scholarship.

I scored 85% and 78% on the two CFAI PM mock exams and was scoring upper 60’s low 70’s on all previous year AM mocks without giving partial credit.

same here, I felt pretty good after the exam :frowning:

CFA SCHOLARSHIP TELL DEBUNKED!

1. Both

2. Candidate only

3. 7/10 pass

Did not do any mock. Purely curriculum.

Why don’t we find a level 2 candidate and ask what they see?

that will be the real debunk

very few people have first option only

Scored about 75% both AM and PM

If there’s an early leak then maybe the CFA status should be updated for members too. What do you see when you search for yourself in the directory (link below)? Do you see the CFA at the end of your name?

https://www.cfainstitute.org/community/membership/directory/Pages/index.aspx#section-1

Totally agreed. This alone makes me think this could be bunk. Either that or this is a large amount of disclosure/selection bias. It takes a pretty emotionally strong person to admit this could be correct and they only received one message only. It’s possible many one-message only people are specifically not commenting.

you get the letters behind your name when you’re logged in if you’ve been granted the charter

Pretty sure they’re not going to allow this to happen. I don’t think their coders are bad enough to attach those letters before everything is done. I mean that’s a major no-no. A scholarship snafu is one thing, attaching letters before the fact is another…IMHO

We need somebody with a CFA designation to login and try to apply for scholarship, AND SEE WHAT IT SAYS !!!

1 box

candidate only (not member)

about 7/10 confidence

1. See two boxes - “you are not eligible to apply for access scholarship”

2. Candidate only (not a member)

3. Felt good after the exam, but 6/10 because AM is so weird.

FYI: I’ve never applied for a scholarship before. I didn’t know this page existed. This is the first time I’ve gone through these steps. Best of luck to everyone.

since no one who did poorly on the exam has both options …seems its pretty much setteled …unable to apply means you passed

Let me explain my reasoning, if we can get a charterholder to login to the member site, and do as we did…Search for Scholarship Apply, and attempt to get to the page to Apply for Scholarship.

What does it say for a CFA charterholder? If it says “You are not eligible to apply”. That may be telling. But how do we find a charterholder to do this test?

sorry…

false alarm. still got the 1 message (facepalm)

I doubt whether or not this is really a tell to be honest. There are way too many people on this board who’ve said they have the “not eligible” box … and I know AF represents well on the exam but this feels a little too one-sided.