Alternatives to pistol shooting

Yeah, the shotty would be neck and neck with the carbine as my top pick, but the carbine allows you to support / cover people from a distance and may be better for dealing with out of line people. But really, either one is ideal they both have their advantages.

I guess the deciding factor for me would be that I would plan to stay very far from population centers where things would be more close quarters and higher chance of encounter in favor of the woods.

@BS

Have you tried those Saiga russian shot guns that look like an AK47 ?

I would go with a flamethrower for zombies.

They are AK47’s. Saiga just refers to the model of AK47. My Dad and brother (biggest gun guy in my family) each just ordered one from Lone Star Arms which is like the Mercedes of those.

If you google lone star arms saiga 12, you’ll see what they make.

This was the vivdeo that sold my brother on the Saiga 12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYfJlIMHhkE

i want one

Ak-47 is a rifle , the saiga is a shot gun.In what aspect are they the same ? BTW AK type rifles are just as sexy as U.S type ones.

ohai is taking my quips way too seriously. I thought level 50 whirlwind would have tipped you off…

Anyways, this would be my CQB weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse, secondary to a firearm.

A flamethrower would be the worst possible weapon against zombies. The undead feel no pain, and will not be impeded by their skin or outer layer burning off. It would take a considerable amount of time for the fire to burn through the zombies, during which time the undead will continue their advance, only they will be flaming now. The mobility concerns related to chainsaws or other heavy weapons will be exacerbated by the even heavier flamethrower.

I am once again defeated by general Ohai in our zombie fighting tactics.As a kid I used to dream about having a gun that would spray acid, not that it can fight zombies but I was kind of obsessed with the idea until 11.

You’ve read this haven’t you?

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460582893&sr=8-1&keywords=zombie+survival+guide

It’s pretty funny, actually. Written by the son of Mel Brooks. He’s a self-proclaimed expert on zombies and also wrote World War Z.

The new world’s gonna need Rick Grimes.

#WalkingDead

^Clearly you have read it.

+1

Saiga shotgun with drum mag and the thing you swing around your head, the one with a chain and ball at the end.

reading some posts - I think I crossbow might be more reasonable than a gun in your backyard. But, I think throwing knives would be a lot of fun as well and probably wouldnt piss off your neighbors as much as a gun.

Yeah, I agree.But don’t you need training?

Training … ? This is America!

'murica!

Because it’s a Saiga AK-47 that is manufactured with a larger bore barrel and chamber. There are kits to easily convert Saiga AK-47’s into the 12 gauge version and vice versa.

I am so disappointed at all the BSD’s in this forum who don’t waste their time in Airsoft wars with the average18 year old Merican hero wannabe. Put all the BSD amusement aside and indulge yourself in some hillybilly adventure.