Annoying Habits of People on Planes

This made me flinch.

I have seen some individuals order beverages/spirits so often the flight steward has to turn them down after a certain amount.Upon coming to the U.S a pakistani ISIS type looking guy sat a few seats away and kept ordering beer.The irony is I have seen more religious looking types over ordering these stuff than the normal looking people.

Also people who think they are sexy becuase the flight crew are nice to them.

What do you want to see outside the plane window at 30k feet? The disadvantages of an open window - glare, heat - outweigh the interesting clouds that you will see outside.

Anyway, I am pretty tolerant to most things on airplanes. However, I became enraged when I flew a redeye on either United or Delta, and they played louspeaker advertisements all the way from gate departure until like 15k feet. This policy defies common sense on a flight of this nature.

On another overnight flight, there were some lesbians who came from comic con and kept talking on the flight. This caused great distress to me, as I had to work the next day. I knew they were lesbians because they were smooching.

Also, what’s going on with old people? Most are ok, but there was this one guy who was served a breakfast in first class which had a sausage or something he didn’t like. He made the stewardess take the plate back to the kitchen and return without the sausage. I was like, why don’t you just not eat the sausage. Another guy went on a 15 minute rant because his headphone jack did not work. Perhaps it is the environment that caused them to enter these unreasonable fits of rage.

Even if the light isn’t bothering me, it could very well be bothering someone else that’s trying to sleep. The default position should be closed. Why is it important to you to have it open anyway? If you’re sitting in the aisle you can’t see anything anyway. Open windows are cool for kids or when you’re flying over something like the Grand Canyon. That’s about it.

I’d prefer they serve wine on all flights, not just international. How hard is that?

lol wow yeah I was like man thats a long post

?? They do. You have to pay for it, but they serve wine on all domestic flights. Normally $6 per mini bottle of some cheap wine.

I meant complimentary:) I flew TAM to Brazil earlier this year and they gave us wine. And not those little “eye drops” bottles. We got typical wine glasses filled from normal bottles. Made the flight so much more pleasurable.

While cruising at altitude, the window is not a big deal because there is usually nothing to see from the aisle. During ascent and decent though, there is usually a good view of the local area (particularly when banking) even from the aisle. If you want to close the shade 10 or 15 minutes into the flight, fine, but a lot of people close it the second they sit down and don’t reopen it until the plane is on the ground (if at all).

Several years ago there was an airline called Vanguard, one of the first low-cost carriers. If your flight happened to be during happy hour (don’t remember the exact times but around 3:00-6:00 pm) drinks were free. The few times I flew on a Vanguard flight, it was really bizarre. Everyone would get drunk and get out of their seats and start mingling. The absolute opposite of what people do now and put on their headphones and pretend they’re all alone.

That’s probably because iphones weren’t around back then.

I just looked them up. They went bankrupt 13 years ago! I just go the country that year.

@krnyc2008 Beer and wine are complimentary on united and delta shuttles between DC, Boston, and NY. They just dont say anything, you have to ask.

This.

But I get annoyed at people who have to order beer/wine/whisky sour between Midland and Dallas. The flight is only 45 minutes. Are you such an alcoholic that you have to have something to drink during the next 45 minutes?

Personally, I don’t drink anything before or during a flight–ever. I don’t like having to wait in line for the bathroom, and the hassle of holding/not spilling your drink outweighs the enjoyment of having one on the flight.

(edit - When I posted this, I didn’t read anything after post #23. Ironic that it fits the conversation, and I don’t intend to be a polemic. It just came out that way.)

Oh really? Thanks, I didn’t know that. But I also never flew to DC or Boston, took the train/bus instead.

Feel free to stop by Boston :wink:

You mean Boston-NY or DC-Boston? I haven’t heard of this and really don’t need to go to Boston, but that sounds amazing.

I don’t think it is standard company policy as I have never gotten any free drinks. The beer is always like 5 bucks and I get two so they can just run my card.

I do have to say that the NY to LA or SF United Premium Service is killer. Champagne on takeoff - great food, free wifi

It’s important for everyone to remember who owns the space above the tray table.

On both boston-NY and Boston-DC i have asked for and gotten free beer on US airways/American (i meant this before not United) and delta…jetblue you have to pay. US Airways said it once before take off and from then I knew I could ask…I tried on delta and same result.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not this discussion again. Please!

I find it hard to believe that a shuttle flight in the US has free alcoholic beverages. If half the passengers request a bottle of wine, the airline would probably lose money on the flight.

Maybe the flight attendant just liked you. This happens sometimes. Once, I was talking to the flight attendant before take off, and they spontaneously decided to put me in a higher class seat - I’m pretty sure this violated company policy, but who would know.