ATTN Boardmembers: Banning Transparancy

I’ve been in favor of thumbs up and thumbs down buttons too. For some reason, it’s extra tricky to do with the system driving this site and therefore a substantial amount of work to implement.

Why are you trying to bury this thread?

I was arguing against some implications of the logic of that statement as applied in this particular context.

I was not intentionally trying to paint you as the bad guy, though I can see why it might have looked or felt that way.

Remember that disagreeing with you (or in this case, some aspect of what you said) is not the same as saying you’re an awful person.

I agree that being overly-PC can create a stultifying environment, and I think that’s what you were getting at.

But if we were to draw an analogy on racial lines, I see “overly PC” as berating people for saying “black” instead of “person of color.” We’re are not and have never been about that level of sensitivity. What I’m complaining about is the gender equivalent of someone revealing that they’re black and having other AF members respond with things like “That’s great, my shoes need a-shinin’ ovah heah right now, boy.” You can say it’s being “overly PC,” but people thought this kind of stuff was inappropriate long before the PC movement.

What about Tapatalk? I’m told by people much nerdier than myself that is a very simple conversion. But I have no idea how hard it is, just know how easy it is to use :slight_smile:

While there is a lot of off-color remarks about race/gender/sexuality/etc (which is to be expected in an anonymous forum), I was very pleased that the water cooler basically ground to a halt for a few hours when RR made his not-thought-out comment on rape and most people were outspokenly angered at his blatant insensitivity and mysogonistic outlook.

There is still hope in the world.

lol