Big Green Egg

Weber doesn’t make the EP series anymore. It’s the S-Series now. New shiny look, same ol’ stainless steel grate.

Blake, you have good taste in grills.

Whatever that grill is, it better produce food that is at least 84.9% as good as the food from the equivalently sized Big Green Egg.

I’m sorry, but this is exactly what’s wrong with you finance types. None of you are even taking into account the fat tail distrubtions involved here. Yes, the mean food may be 45-65% better, but how do you account for the frequent occurance of outliers such as burned burgers, grill explosions or undercooked steaks?

yeah this is it

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-Genesis-6532001-637-Square-Inch-Liquid-Propane/dp/B0045UBBIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360790707&sr=8-1&keywords=weber+s+copper

This really made me laugh. Only on the insde though, because my girlfriend is sleeping. Waking her up would not be a good thing.

@Blake- you just failed your test! This would be a great interview question and you just failed miserably. Anyone that claims to be a grilling expert should know the current Weber product line.

But seriously, aren’t all gas grills pretty much the same? I mean, it’s propane coming out of a burner? Just make sure the BTUs are the same and the grill surface is the same and I couldnt imagine that much else matters- probably durability and life expectancy would be the main differentiator. For the record, I have a Weber, I just doubt its better than any other gas grill.

Life expectancy being the big differentiator. Weber gas grills are built to last.

For smoking briskets, cured oak wood and a cheap barrell smoker. 12 hours at 250 degrees. Yeah baby.

blake, I’ve got this grill, only NAT gas. BUT, I do my slow cooking on the traeger wood pellet smoker. I’m surprised this hasn’t gotten around yet,…it’s the bomb.

Personally, I’d go with the S-330 instead of the E-330.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6570001-Stainless-Steel-637-Square-Inch-Liquid-Propane/dp/B0045UBB72/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1360867700&sr=1-1&keywords=weber+s+330

The only difference is the grate. The E-series has cast iron, which gives great sear marks, but is really difficult to maintain. The S-Series has a stainless steel grate. It doesn’t have that “perfect sear”, but it’s a lot easier to clean and maintain. (I couldn’t care less about “sear marks”.)

By the way, I know that some people will consider this heresy, and some would laugh at me, but has anybody ever tried an electric smoker? I considered getting a SmokinTex 1400.

http://smokintex.com/index.html

^ You a G greenie! Say, can you help me out on my ‘public’ accounting firm thread?

Another thing that I remembered–when you cook on an Egg, you can put the meat on, leave, and come back 12 hours later. This weekend, I started a brisket at about 6 a.m., went to church, came back and wrapped the brisket, then came back at about 6 p.m. and it was ready to eat. The only time I looked at it between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. was when I wrapped it. The Kettle can’t do that.

In other words–if you don’t want to have to babysit your brisket (or butt roast, or tenderloin, or what have you), then the Egg is for you!

I ended up buying this a few weeks ago…

It is awesome.

Propane!? C’mon Blake, you losing your cred.

I guess I am the only guy here whose wife “mans” the grill for the barbecue while I put my feet up and watch TV inside where it’s civilized and airconditioned.

“Bu honey, you are just so much better than me!”

Sorry, I just can’t work up a passion for standing near a hot flame in 90 deg heat in the summer.

^ you the same nigga thinking all lite beer is the same! I’m calling Miller now to pitch this scenario in a commercial!

Check out this video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/rCJ8mCV39M8

I saw these at the Hardware store in my neighborhood. And never before knew what they were – apparently they are popular among the old money crowd.

…Or you can all become vegetarian and never have to worry about spending $ on grills.

better hop on the train before it leaves folks… I am waiting

Happy Labor Day kids!

Hey! Thanks for the bump.

But with a new baby coming home this afternoon, I’m afraid the Egg is going to sit idle this Labor Day.

And sadly, it has been idle for every Memorial Day since I got it. But no more after 2013…