CFA level 2 2014 results - Retabulation

During My l1exam I knew I had written wrong candidate no. I mailed cfai regarding that a few days later and got the reply there are several check points through the process and even if I had written wrong no. it might have already been corrected.Needless to say I passed with flying colors and result matrix was same ad I had expected.Similar thing happened with one of my friend also.So probabillity of someone else score being shown on yours is low.Also You may have written someone else candidate no. but then cfai would have two answer sheets with same number.That might ring a bell to them.Having said that I really wish you pass in retab as failing afrer preparing sucks I know this from experience last year in level 2

No negative gravity, not yet. No retab mails from CFA. I had sent my retab request on 03/08 and got an ack the same day. Will post if anything happens.

Got the email, not too surprised but somehow feel better knowing it was checked. Here’s the email you get

As requested, your June 2014 CFA® examination was manually retabulated to ensure that no errors were made in the scoring of your examination.

Your answer sheets were verified by candidate number and name. Your marked answers were compared to the answer key and your score was compared to your score in the CFA Institute computer database.

No errors were found and your original score remains unchanged.

Sincerely,

Timothy Boyd

Grading Coordinator

CFA Program – Education Division

ah yep…got my retab email today too from Mr Timothy Boyd.

No luck … but that $100 fee did buy me peace of mind and I’m sure it’ll now buy Mr Boyd a nice lunch while we L2 candidates slave away for another year.

I received my retabulation email yesterday – it’s peace of mind for me too, plus another $100 contribution toward Mr Boyd’s lunch fund. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if it will make anyone feel any better but seeing this thread helped me. I have very similar amount of experience and study time as the OP and failed band 2. I figured I was a marginally pass/fail but band 2 was crushing. Areas of usual strenght were below 50%.

I have been avoiding the forums and tried to clear my mind for a few weeks and checked back here before I decide on a retab. Looks like I won’t bother.

I feel good about retabbing just because I left the exam feeling like I passed, now there’s no doubt in my mind I didn’t do enough and that I got the grade I deserved. If I ever fail level 3 I think I would absolutely retab because I feel like there is more margin for error based on the grader you get.

I think there’s a good chance you probably just skipped or duplicated a bubble, no chance in hell you got bank 1 with your experience and time spent studying

Retab in L3 is simply ensuring that the marks were added correctly. They will not re-grade your answers.

The peace of mind is very important guys. In June 2013, I walked out of the exam room in Manhattan knowing that I have nailed it, this was after getting Band 10s in the previous two Level II exams. Well, my June 2013 result was a Band 9. I had found June 2013 Level II as the easiest exam ever; I went for a retab and received an email later that my results remained unchanged; I sat down, composed myself and decided to give it one real push. I scored over 70 in all subjects for June 2014 Level II exam.

So buddies, get the peace of mind, sit down and strategize on how to kill it, work it and come July 2015 you will be feeling what I feel today… although I have been accorded many accolades for my excellent academic records, CFA Level II rattled me after passing Level I with 8 subjects over 70. I must admit that passing Level II exam is the best feeling I have ever felt in a long long time.

That drives me nuts because all you need is to get stuck with a grumpy grader that may mark harder than someone else and you’re screwed

^ I could be wrong, but I don’t think that is how it works. Multiple graders will assess your answers on the AM session of the Level III exam. Example; Person A will grade question 1, Person B will grade question 2, Person C will grade question 3 and so on. This minimizes the impact of a single grumpy grader on one candidate’s results.

Correct. each AM question is graded by MULTIPLE people, and each person grades the same question over and over. you do not have to worry some rogue grader screwing you over. The CFAI system is pretty solid.

What’s the over/under on retab fees taken in by CFAI?

what was the verdict?

Fixed that for you.

Its been a month. There must have been some result.

Another case of “signing the declaration” ??

^ I’m pretty sure OP already said there was no change to hsi result.

I believe his last post was no email yet from the Institute.

You’re right. Sorry. Was thinking of a different one of these threads.