Cooking

For rice…either use a rice cooker or pot but you have to monitor the pot…rice cooker will do it on its own. Add olive oil to the pot or rice cooker before rice then add x cups of rice and 2x cups of water. Then add garlic and salt, mix and start. I recommend 2-3 cups of rice.

Chicken: Get some boneless chicken thighs, add salt, garlic, black pepper, and lime juice to both sides of each piece. Then cover in plain bread crumbs. Fry this on low in a pan with oil…this way it will cook and not burn. Should take 20-30min for all.

Garlic can be powder or minced up to you. You’ll thank me later.

If you’re feeling fancy, buy some avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, and lime juice and make guacamole.

PS You can repeat the condiments with fish and steak, but no lime juice for steak.

Rice cooker is key to easy cooking.

for beginners, it is easier to make soup? you can taste along the way and you have plenty of time to correct your errors.

Making a 5 star soup is freakin hard. So I disagree. Soup is hard to do well. If you’re talking about boiling up some Campbells or throwing some beef broth into a pot, that’s hardly making soup.

Well making a 5 star anything is hard… T_T

But you can’t really eat steaks every day, can you?

And soup you can make a lot of and eat over a few days, and not have to spend as much time.

I don’t think soup is that hard, as long as you follow a recipe and keep tasting, you can’t go too wrong.

Soup also takes forever. Rendering down bones, seasoning, etc. I guess you could use a slow cooker to make the broth, but you’ve got to watch it too. Hard.

And no, eating steaks everyday probably isn’t a good idea. That’s why I suggested the OP 5 different balanced meals!

krnyc do you make some bomb borscht?

i think it’s easy because most fo the time you don’t have to do anything just let it sit in the pot!

If you have a slow cooker it’s even easier, you don’t need to watch the stove at all, just throw everything in and wait.

Dunno if it’s a bomb, but a healthier version. The trick is to change the water after boiling beef once and before adding veggies.

Soup just takes some prep work up front and a good simmering afterward. Even better is making your own stock: it comes in handy for risotto, sauces, a base for a 3-4 star soup…