Dating website makes me lose faith in humanity

Just full of headcases with no self esteem looking for validation.

This is the beta way to look at a FREE opportunity to meet women. I don’t have any experience with okcupid. How about not messaging or not responding to these types of people? Some comedien has a joke that goes “look at how dumb the average person is and then realize half of the people are below that.” Most of the people on a site like that are going to be zips. Just like every stock in the SP500 isn’t going to be a buy. Choose your battles.

You cry a lot and using a term like “depressing” is pretty troubling. Time to man up.

Good George Carlin quote.

Online dating sites should be used as a complement (not substitute) to “traditionally” meeting someone.

And there are normal women on those sites, especially those that work with people of the same gender and have friends that are married/engaged. I meet a lot of cute elementary teachers and nurses that don’t go to singles events because most of their friends are married.

Yeah but in the United States even if the girl is totally undesirable, nuts, fat, single mom, there will still be hundreds of guys desperately trying to ask her out every single day.

Roll up to the club with me son. I’ll show you how to slay some HCBs. Also, pick up, “The Pick Up Artist” mentioned in my other thread. Solid book regarding how the rules of engagement and seduction are played.

http://www.thepickupartistbook.com/

The author of the book above is who Neil Strauss learned from when he wrote “The Game.”

+1

Online website are the minor leagues, this is where you should be taking your batting practice to keep your confidence up between starts in the big leagues. Come here to take advantage of desperate chicks who know their biological clocks are ticking and the single moms. These chicks are DTF, and all is fair in love and war my friend. Pump and dump. On top of that, you can’t go slummin when your boys are with you at the bar… but behind the iron curtain of the internet, go ahead, go hogg’n every now and then.

Secondly, if you think guys want hot chicks, girls are crazy about finding someone who’s tall, fit, intelligent, and successful at work. If your are any combination of the above, you’ve become the scarce resource. Everything is relative, most guys that were getting girls in high school have gained 30 lbs by now, they also make $10/hr slang’n milk shakes at the local Dairy Queen. Remember that your competition is weak.

However, you’re going to have to be “cool”/entertaining enough to meet these chicks at bars and make them want to see you again. Read one of those books CFAvsMBA recommended.

[quote=“Systematic”]

LMAO, classic AF post.

lol this thread makes me loose more faith in humanity than a dating service…

how do you guys even have time to go through all this?..

From my friends who have tried dating websites, they are great for playing the odds. ie set up 3 or 4 dates in a week one will likely turn into a hookup. Also, I read The Game a few years back and it seems mostly focused on picking women up at bars/clubs etc. It also involves things like ‘Peacocking’, ie wearing really wierd sht to stand out (which isn’t necessarily a good look in finance).

I think Iteracom was originally tlaking about meeting women to date. dno how well that book or those sites help with that

Probably with all the time saved by not hooking up?

Is online dating mainly a US thing or a EU thing?

Why did you have faith in humanity in the first place?

I was with you on the first paragraph until the last sentence – go hogg’n? Let’s not get carried away. But yeah, dating sites are pretty much DTF single moms.

Agree with the rest – competition by late 20s is very low. Most are either overweight or marginally employed / uneducated at best. If you simply have your shit together, you are in the 90th % by definition.

Indeed.

I’ve never done online dating but I’ve considered it. Browsing through pictures there are a few lookers in there, and you can sense if its going to work without much commitment.

The pickup book mentioned above I have very mixed feelings on. If you’re having trouble getting laid, I would try to figure out how to become a better person with more self confidence, not learn a bunch of tactics in order to overcompensate for a low self-image.

Mystery Method stuff has its benefits (the evolutionary psychology is interesting) but the entire thing is designed around getting validation from narcissistic attention whores by playing a bunch of games, then making the girl doubt herself. From experience, some of the stuff works like a charm, but it works best on women that are batshit insane. I believe that the game material in that book is structured around exploiting mentally unhealthy women’s insecurities. The result is a narcisist/codependent relationship which is absolute hell.

The cute, sane barrista studying for her masters in social work who loves to cook dinner and wants a balanced, healthy relationship with a stable man is going to eventually figure out you are a dancing monkey seeking validation to fill some empty void.

Eventually, but not until afterward. I haven’t read the book, but isn’t the point to get laid, not to find a wife?

Getting laid quickly / easily /= finding someon to settle down with. Those two objectives, while not entirely mutually exclusively, are fairly distinct from one another.

My friend just told me about a site called Grouper. The way it works is they set up a group of 6, 3 guys and 3 girls and supposedly you all go out for drinks. I’m gonna be local for a while so I’ll give it a shot.

Woah, a sane guy with some perspective on AF!

Who let him in??? :slight_smile:

(Nicely said, stratman)