Do proctors get paid for reporting "cheating" cantidates?

Now that you say that, I actually recall looking at one proctor multiple times during the exam. In fact, the only one whose face I can more or less clearly remember today. Why? Because she was hot.

where do they find people to be proctors?

Did you still get the email about the release date at least? I’m curious if they will give you results

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did you still get the email about the release date > at least? I’m curious if they will give you > results I still think he gets an email…

Man that’s cold blooded if they give you results and then take them away

Im assuming im not sure though…he’d still get the email but they wouldnt correct his paper until he proves the opposite of what was written … again im assuming…

Mate, this sounds like a nightmare… It’s possible you reminded this proctor (aka little Hitler) of someone… Like an ex boyfriend or something. If I were you (and truly innocent) I’d contact a lawyer. Its a very serious thing to have your integrity questioned.

stingreye Wrote: > > WARNING FOR TEST TAKERS - LOOKING AT THE PROCTOR > IS HAZARDOUS! > Having taught a couple classes, I hate to say it > but the easiest way to spot a cheater is if they > keep looking at me. Most guilty culprits need to > be careful they are not being watched so they have > to look at the teacher/proctor. So for these > exams, you really should not look at the proctor. > It does make you look guilty and it is a sign > teachers/proctors look for when they look for > cheating. I guarantee that is part of their > training. I was taught that if someone keeps > looking then go behind them so they cannot tell > you are monitoring their behavior. It does not > mean they are cheating but it is a red flag. Problem is when a proctor takes an observation: “he was looking at me” and interprets it as “he was cheating”.

I sympathize with you; one of the worst feelings in the world is having to face entirely false accusations. And it doesnt help when some d**** have the attitude of “why would they report someone if he didnt cheat”, “theres no smoke without fire” bla bla bla. And in this case , is it a case of someone free to throw around accusations without being punished if found to have lied? The first step is PCP will investigate the proctors statement AND your response. After that they will decide whether to consider you guilty, in which case you get a statement of allegations, or to consider you not guilty. So you still have time and until you get a formal statement of allegations, you have not been judged guilty.

Question is, would those who receive a mail for PCP investigation, still get email sent to expect results on July 26? I think they do but Id like to ask Fdez. Definitely worst feeling ever :confused: !

Man, this sucks! I had a similar problem on my L1 in December (I was also in Spain). After about 4 weeks I received a letter from CFAI and I found out I was under investigation, because during the exam I had written few formulas on the desk, and as you know we’re not allowed to write nowhere else than on the exam papers (my fault, I was stressed and I was used to do it at high school) Anyway, the proctor saw it and reported me. I sent an email two days later explaining I wasn’t trying to cheat (how can you cheat by writing down formulas on the desk???) and that I deleted the formulas straight after the proctor told me to. Just sent a clear, objective and honest statement, making clear that all these allegations means nothing (shiting body?? scanning the room?? eye contact?? That doens’t mean you were cheating, and you need to explian it in a clear manner, like if you were doing it to a 6 y.o. kid) This girl from CFAI replied saying it would take 4-8 months for them to end the investigation, and this sucks too, because it’s a very long time for such a BS and in the meantime they don’t release your results. However I wanted to sit for L2 in June and I explained I wouldn’t had time to wait for my results to be released in April-May…and a week later I was cleared from ther investigation. So again, chill out this weekend and reply in a clear and understandable manner. IMO these rules are BS, but accorinding to my experience, people working in the PCP department are not complete idiots and they do realize how stupid these rules are… Good luck mate!

Flesh7979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man, this sucks! I had a similar problem on my L1 > in December (I was also in Spain). After about 4 > weeks I received a letter from CFAI and I found > out I was under investigation, because during the > exam I had written few formulas on the desk, and > as you know we’re not allowed to write nowhere > else than on the exam papers (my fault, I was > stressed and I was used to do it at high school) > > Anyway, the proctor saw it and reported me. I sent > an email two days later explaining I wasn’t trying > to cheat (how can you cheat by writing down > formulas on the desk???) and that I deleted the > formulas straight after the proctor told me to. > > Just sent a clear, objective and honest statement, > making clear that all these allegations means > nothing (shiting body?? scanning the room?? eye > contact?? That doens’t mean you were cheating, and > you need to explian it in a clear manner, like if > you were doing it to a 6 y.o. kid) > > This girl from CFAI replied saying it would take > 4-8 months for them to end the investigation, and > this sucks too, because it’s a very long time for > such a BS and in the meantime they don’t release > your results. However I wanted to sit for L2 in > June and I explained I wouldn’t had time to wait > for my results to be released in April-May…and a > week later I was cleared from ther investigation. > > So again, chill out this weekend and reply in a > clear and understandable manner. IMO these rules > are BS, but accorinding to my experience, people > working in the PCP department are not complete > idiots and they do realize how stupid these rules > are… > > Good luck mate! +1

Hi Fdez, I have been reading this thread since yesterday. But, I did not bother to chime in until I read Flesh7979’s post. I have been thinking since yesterday that this communication to you is just a routine follow up procedure that CFAI adopts. CFAI has to follow up on every write up a proctor has provided. Otherwise they would be violating their own rules. They have to take every proctor complaint seriously. Once you respond appropriately (not using 4 letter words etc.), CFAI will dismiss it just as Flesh7979 has stated above. His case illustrates clearly that CFAI is only ensuring that they are following the rules. If they did not write you a letter, they would be violating their own rules. So, once again, the post by Flesh7979 confirms to me what I have been thinking since yesterday regarding this matter. It is a routine follow up by CFAI. You should respond objectively and quickly. At most, there will two rounds of email exchanges and the matter will be closed. So, do not delay your response. CFAI knows very well the amount of time candidates put in to this exam. I sincerely believe that the CFAI is an honest and objective organization and that the matter will be put to bed after a couple of friendly yet stern email exchanges. So, relax, take it easy and respond objectively and quickly. Paddy

I was worried to be honest I was going to get written up. I was wearing a baseball hat and I used it to scratch my head a few times when I was working through some difficult problems or thinking about how to approach something. I thought the proctor might think I was cheating and had something written in it.

Bilal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Question is, would those who receive a mail for > PCP investigation, still get email sent to expect > results on July 26? I think they do but Id like to > ask Fdez. > > Definitely worst feeling ever :confused: ! Yes, I got the e-mail. I guess it’s an automated process and they don’t bother to remove candidates under investigation from the list. It is the standard e-mail everybody is getting. In the letter from CFAI it does say that my results will be held until this thing is clarified. Flesh7979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man, this sucks! I had a similar problem on my L1 > in December (I was also in Spain). After about 4 > weeks I received a letter from CFAI and I found > out I was under investigation, because during the > exam I had written few formulas on the desk, and > as you know we’re not allowed to write nowhere > else than on the exam papers (my fault, I was > stressed and I was used to do it at high school) > > Anyway, the proctor saw it and reported me. I sent > an email two days later explaining I wasn’t trying > to cheat (how can you cheat by writing down > formulas on the desk???) and that I deleted the > formulas straight after the proctor told me to. > > Just sent a clear, objective and honest statement, > making clear that all these allegations means > nothing (shiting body?? scanning the room?? eye > contact?? That doens’t mean you were cheating, and > you need to explian it in a clear manner, like if > you were doing it to a 6 y.o. kid) > > This girl from CFAI replied saying it would take > 4-8 months for them to end the investigation, and > this sucks too, because it’s a very long time for > such a BS and in the meantime they don’t release > your results. However I wanted to sit for L2 in > June and I explained I wouldn’t had time to wait > for my results to be released in April-May…and a > week later I was cleared from ther investigation. > > So again, chill out this weekend and reply in a > clear and understandable manner. IMO these rules > are BS, but accorinding to my experience, people > working in the PCP department are not complete > idiots and they do realize how stupid these rules > are… > > Good luck mate! Well, as psriniva has said, this reassures me a lot. You broke a specific rule, but they understood there was no intention to cheat. I hope they follow the same logical thinking with my case. What really gets me angry is that nobody approached me during the exam. It would have been so easy if a proctor had told me “hey, you are looking suspicious by doing this and that”. I would attach my head to the desk like I did on level 1, the proctor wouldn’t have had to waste his apparently not so precious time writing that, as well as CFAI with the investigation and myself with the response, … everybody would have been happier. psriniva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Fdez, > > I have been reading this thread since yesterday. > But, I did not bother to chime in until I read > Flesh7979’s post. I have been thinking since > yesterday that this communication to you is just a > routine follow up procedure that CFAI adopts. > CFAI has to follow up on every write up a proctor > has provided. Otherwise they would be violating > their own rules. They have to take every proctor > complaint seriously. This is exactly what I have wanted to think from the beginning, “well, take it easy, it must be just a routinary process to ask you to respond. You’ll be fine”. But of course one can’t avoid getting paranoid with something like this. As I think more about exam day I’m remembering more. Besides shifting my body slightly to the left because the desk on my right was too close, I forgot taking a swatch to the exam as I don’t normally use it. The candidate on my right offered to put his on the brink of the table so I could see it. I refuse to prevent the proctors of thinking I was looking to his exam, but he put it on the table anyways, so I was afraid I could unintentionally take a glance at the swatch for a second and be accused of looking at the guy’s exam. So I spend the whole exam looking at the panel where the letter of my section was hanged AND where the proctors where putting the signs indicating how much time there was left, which happened to be like 6-7 meters in front of me and 2 or 3 to the left, precisely the direction towards the candidate which the proctor says I was looking toward was sitting. I also remember a female proctor staring constantly at me and me looking at her just wondering why. I guess she was looking at me because I was looking at her and I was looking at her because she was looking at me. A stupid situation so easily fixed by just telling me something. I would bet she is the one who filled the report. Thank you all very much for your responses. I’m much more at ease and confident now. I hope I can say the same after receiving the answer from CFAI.

pwned

So did you get the email about the results date fdez?

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So did you get the email about the results date > fdez? As I said in my previous message, yes. I received the same standardized e-mail everybody is getting, but the letter about the investigation says my results will be held until it is clarified.

I also received a letter from the CFA institute today…my case is also under investigation It is very similiar to tha above incident…apparently the proctor n his co-proctor have accused me of staring at cand x sitting across for a total of 5 times…he says each glare was about 2 seconds long Coincidentally that guy was a lefty n me being a righty …so he says it was easy for me to see into his sheet I cleared L1 in dec and have been working hard for l2 since the l1 results were out in jan The letter came as a total shock…No proctor warned me in the exam that i was suspicious of cheating…Only once he said that i must sit in the center as i was a little towards the right which i did…there was nothing else from his side I am very nervous now and concerned about this…how should i convince them that i have not looked at his answers…its just that i have a habit of looking around when thinking deeply about something…n i cannot see things that are far-5-6 feet n further without spectacles which i was not carrying during the exam…guys please help @Fdez… can i get your number or email id so i can get in touch with you about how to proceed

zxcfre do you live in the states? Seems like people in the states are being investigated first since they get mail earlier than those out of the states … :confused: Ugh this is so frustrating…