Do proctors get paid for reporting "cheating" cantidates?

Bilal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zxcfre do you live in the states? Seems like > people in the states are being investigated first > since they get mail earlier than those out of the > states … :confused: Ugh this is so frustrating… nope india…

Oh … :confused: do they send it by normal mail or express dhl ? Ive read a lot of posts related to PCP investigations and i think you should be objective and say what is on ur mind. CFA are not cruel, they have professional people on board and they know what they are doing. If you are sure that you did nothing wrong, be objective and dont spice it up a lot… just be objective and clear im sure they are understandable… they know that we ALL worked REAL hard and we did our best … so they consider this but as i said … be objective. I was wondering if they use normal usps mail or dhl/fedex… and how much do they spend on this…

I m sure i did nothing wrong but its about convincing them m innocent…wht do u think how strong is their case n what are my chances?

They will understand your case and if you are objective then you should be good to go. Again, be objective and dont spice it up a lot. If you are SURE you are okay and innocent , they go for it and tell them what really happened they will understand but it is a process they should follow and abide by since its a rule they have. If a proctor reports, they should investigated it or else they would break their own rules. That’s why, just take ur time write a well reply and be honest and objective. Few people on here have had the same experience and they went well although if you lie, you will be banned i guess… im not in a position to judge but if you are innocent then hopefully you are okay… 1 more question, did you get it by normal post or fedex/dhl? thanks…

Us air mail

Ugh … this is frustrating, i mean 4 weeks before the result and you get this coming :confused: … I hope it all goes well and what is freaky for us living in asia is it takes time for you to get this mail and when you do, it would be close to the results dates :confused:

I knoe the mail is dated 24th of june…i already lost 8-9 days I was hoping of a positive result but now everything looks bleak…might have to w8 3-4 months for the result and that too if they understand my situation wht can be the consequences? wht abt my L1 staus? If only the proctor wud have warned me once…he might have kept his paper towards the left but i have never saw any answer might have looked athe the candidate but never in the sheet :frowning:

They sent it 24th of june? it takes u a day to write it and send via express post. U dont have to wait that much if ur case is easy, if they see you make sense and ur case is just an innocent case, they will release ur results, again they are good people and not doing the role of “bad people” … they are just doing it the way it should be done. I know my words are kinda hard but if i was in ur shoes i would feel the same. Just reply and send ur objective reply. I think they would understand your case just make sure u ask a lot about ur case and keep following up. Again they are not bad guys, they are doing their job…

any idea who else should i contact may be a lawyer or nyone else as you were saying you have read several posts related to PCP investigations n thanks a lot!!!

Check the first post on page 2 (this page) this guy faced the same problem and he went out clean! contact him and search or PCP investigations … You can contact a lawyer but if you say you are innocent, why contact a lawyer? they are not cruel.

I m just scared thts y… i dun wanna loose this one opportunity tht i have I just wanna make sure i don;t make nay mistakes in that mail how do i contact tht person/…i mean they don;t have ny names or email id’s here

just leave a post asking for his email address on here or open a new thread and mention that u need contact address for those who faced the same problem…

zxcfre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I also received a letter from the CFA institute > today…my case is also under investigation > > It is very similiar to tha above > incident…apparently the proctor n his > co-proctor have accused me of staring at cand x > sitting across for a total of 5 times…he says > each glare was about 2 seconds long > Coincidentally that guy was a lefty n me being a > righty …so he says it was easy for me to see > into his sheet > > I cleared L1 in dec and have been working hard for > l2 since the l1 results were out in jan > The letter came as a total shock…No proctor > warned me in the exam that i was suspicious of > cheating…Only once he said that i must sit in > the center as i was a little towards the right > which i did…there was nothing else from his > side > > I am very nervous now and concerned about > this…how should i convince them that i have not > looked at his answers…its just that i have a > habit of looking around when thinking deeply about > something…n i cannot see things that are > far-5-6 feet n further without spectacles which i > was not carrying during the exam…guys please > help > > @Fdez… can i get your number or email id so i > can get in touch with you about how to proceed The proctor who filled my report also states that I glanced for “2-3 seconds” to the paper of the guy who went to the toilet and again “2-3 seconds” each time I looked “toward” the candidate on my front left. At least he says the other guy shielded his paper. Don’t really know if he is refering to the guy who went to the toilet or the one in front of me, as he says it as a tick-box answer to the form from CFAI. I also cleared L1 on December, and I also was slightly shifted to the left precisely to prevent the proctors from thinking I was copying off the guy on my right (that row was too close to mine), but nobody even told me anything about that. I have just sent my response by e-mail. Don’t really know how I could help you since this is my first experience with PCP, but if you give your e-mail (mine contains nearly my full name) we can’t exchange thoughts and maybe help each other.

zxcfre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I knoe the mail is dated 24th of june…i already > lost 8-9 days > I was hoping of a positive result but now > everything looks bleak…might have to w8 3-4 > months for the result and that too if they > understand my situation > > wht can be the consequences? wht abt my L1 staus? > If only the proctor wud have warned me once…he > might have kept his paper towards the left but i > have never saw any answer might have looked athe > the candidate but never in the sheet :frowning: Mine is also dated June 24th. I guess they obviously know it takes nearly some time for the letter to arrive. And in my case I couldn’t read the whole thing until today. I clearly explained this on my response, as well as the fact that the proctor didn’t warned me at any moment and that i could have explained my behavior to him or just do whatever he wanted to leave alone (w/ other words…). Anyway, I just sent 1.500 words commenting every single detail of what the proctor’s report says and every piece of useful information I could think of. I hope it is enough and they provide a quick response.

I think CFAI needs to follow procedure on this and take every accusation seriously. I do not think you have much to worry about unless you were really really really cheating, in which case you get what you deserve. If you’re innocent, do not stress, relax it will be all right. Remember in “The Usual Suspects,” when they are all being held in a cell one of characters says that the way to tell which one of the subjects is guilty is to hold them overnight and see which one sleeps. The one that sleeps is the guilty one. The innocent one stresses out and is outraged and afraid. The guilty one knows he’s caught and gets some shuteye. I’m not surprised that the CFAI gets lots of these. They hire people to sit at a desk and stare at you for 6 hours. Of course they are gonna be bored and some of them will even be bored enough to start seeing the possibility of cheating by “glances.”

You guys might be interested in this: http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/Documents/Professional%20Conduct%20Program%20Documents/can_discipline_stats.pdf

Also this: http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/conduct/Pages/candidate_sanctions.aspx “Looking or glancing at another candidate’s answer sheet or giving the appearance of looking or glancing at another candidate’s answer sheet violates the CFA Program Exam Rules, the Code of Ethics, and the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct.” If “giving the appearance of looking or glancing” is a violation, then I think your chances are quite slim.

I don’t have an a answer to the problems in this thread but CFAI can for sure arrange a test that is audio-visually recorded to check for reported violations. I have taken many competitive exams which are recorded this way and are more secure and are fairly cheap exams to take. Given that CFAI charges so extensively, it shouldn’t be a problem to record the exams.

zestzorb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys might be interested in this: > http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/Documents/Profe > ssional%20Conduct%20Program%20Documents/can_discip > line_stats.pdf zestzorb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also this: > http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/conduct/Pages/c > andidate_sanctions.aspx > > “Looking or glancing at another candidate’s answer > sheet or giving the appearance of looking or > glancing at another candidate’s answer sheet > violates the CFA Program Exam Rules, the Code of > Ethics, and the CFA Institute Standards of > Professional Conduct.” > > If “giving the appearance of looking or glancing” > is a violation, then I think your chances are > quite slim. That’s really scary, though I would like to know more about each individual violation report to know if the accusations were so vague as in my case. Besides, it would be so easy as comparing mine and any other candidate’s answers to see I didn’t copy off anybody. The “giving the appearance of looking or glancing” rule is what has worried me since I received the letter. It gives so many doors open to speculation. Besides, who has the authority to determine what is “giving the appearance”? a guy who gets paid to proctoring a test one or two times a year and who faces no problem if he makes a mistake? That’s great…

areyouserious Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t have an a answer to the problems in this > thread but CFAI can for sure arrange a test that > is audio-visually recorded to check for reported > violations. I have taken many competitive exams > which are recorded this way and are more secure > and are fairly cheap exams to take. Given that > CFAI charges so extensively, it shouldn’t be a > problem to record the exams. +1. I struggled not to write something like this in my response .