Do you own a watch? What is it? Why did you choose that? how much?

It’s pretty hard to find a watch in that price range with sapphire crystal, though. For me, that’s a basic requirement because I’m clumsy and will scratch my watch face within a few days. I think Movado usually falls into that price range and Raymond Weil does when on sale. But not much else.

Nomos. Bang for buck and a bit of taste.

I just searched around on their website, they have some cool looking stuff. I’m digging a couple of the sapphire crystal backed ones, especially the Metro.

I own a omega speedmaster and its quite expensive.

Omega Speedmaster and IWC Portuguese for me However, most days I don’t even wear a watch for fear of getting them banged up. If I’m just going to work and then going home I typically don’t wear them.

If I leave the house, I have to have some sort of watch on. My left wrist feels “naked” without it.

However, if I’m at work, I have to take it off. So I put it on, then take it off and put it in my top desk drawer at work (along with my wallet and keys). Then, when I leave to go to the gym at lunch or go home, I put it back on.

Then I take it off as soon as I get home.

I know this is all 100% irrational, but if I don’t have a watch on while I’m out and about, I will go crazy.

I hear this new Apple Watch is pretty spiffy.

I have a Suunto Ambit 2 and can’t imagine how I lived before having a GPS watch.

I used to be like that. I still mostly wear a watch, but I don’t mind relying on my phone from time to time.

Gamin Fenix 2 for me, when active.

I just ordered a blue Orient Mako and am eagerly awaiting delivery. This is sort of a cult watch and has a high following among watch people. I figure that there’s only so much I want to subsidize overpaid Swiss union workers, and this is a good accessory to have on days when I don’t feel like being a douche with the other watch.

Orient is like the Mazda of watch companies. They are not the biggest company and are generally underappreciated in the industry. However, Orient still offers Japanese level OCD quality, and most importantly to me, quality reliable in house movement, which is lacking among even some big luxury brands (I am looking at you, Swatch group).

To be honest, I rarely if ever see anyone in the US wearing an Orient watch, but among internets people, some are really into this shit.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/official-orient-mako-club-568233.html

Great choice ohai, I own a “Pespi” Mako. Best watch for the money by far, there’s a reason why the Mako always gets recommended. Did you go stainless steel or plan on swapping out for a leather strap?

I actually drive a Mazda3 surprise. Their new cars are pretty impressive, my car is easily as good as BMW 1 series, Audi A3 and VW Golf, not really any cheaper either tbh. Mazda just has this odd stigma about it, people assume it’s cheap Japanese junk, but their 2014 cars are on another level.

I think people in the UK are less brand-stratified and size focused than people in the US. Thus, you guys are able to accept premium small cars from brands that do not focus solely on the high end market. In the US, for instance, BMW, Audi, etc. make more effort to distance themselves from mainstream brands. Even in the lowest trim levels of 1 Series and A3, we must buy many features that are optional and other markets, most noticeably a premium engine choice. We do not even get the 1 Series hatchback, since US buyers turn their nose to this kind of car. VW is another example of a brand that offers some upscale models, but in the US, gets grouped in the non-luxury segment. So, premium hatch backs like upper trim of Golfs cannot achieve the same sales here as they can in Europe.

Anyway, should probably not go any further with this, before this turns into another car thread.

I don’t own a watch, but I was googling stuff about the Apple Watch yesterday and now all online ads are showing me watches.

interesting article. heres what the masters of the universe wear.

http://www.businessinsider.com/wall-street-ceo-watches-2014-8