F*** FIFA

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How can Qatar possibly host the largest sporting > event in the world? The country is slightly > smaller than Conneceticut, and has half the > population. I know they’ve got plenty of money > and a long time to prepare, but the infrastructure > investment (well beyond stadiums) will have to be > huge. They have no problem blowing a crap ton of money without even thinking of the ROI.

Who carez?! Soccer is a gay sport. j/k :slight_smile:

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who carez?! > > Soccer is a gay sport. > > j/k :slight_smile: No need to apologize, you are correct.

I think the question here is WHY THE F**K WERE THEY BLOWING VUVUZELAS TO CELEBRATE?? I hope this does not become a world wide thing…

Who wants to go through a strip search to watch football games in the US ? those guys at FIFA might be corrupt but they’re not stupid. Everybody knows how hard it is for foreigners to get visas and travel to and in the US.

Seriously, I cant see why Australia would not win this over all other countries, particularly qatar. We have all the infrastructure, a healthy population with a growing interest in soccer, milder weather for the sport around that time, never had a world cup in the oceania region before, etc etc. And then we got the least amount of votes? It doesnt equate, something fishy. ALl we dont have going for us is the distance and time zone, but that shouldnt be such a deciding factor, it is the WORLD cup after all, not the ‘close to euro time zones’ world cup. Anyway, Although I hope by 2022 the middle east is at peace, but if not, I hope then that israel is strong enough to qualify and see how they react to having to let a so called ‘illegitimate state’ compete.

I see a theme: Blatter is corrupt FIFA is corrupt Russia is corrupt Time for a rival organization of this corrupt monopoly. England / USA / Australia should pull out. The anarchists should target FIFA next time they are in Switzerland, not the WEF. FIFA are the shadowy group of powerful interests operating behind closed doors. Blatter should be investigated and prosecuted. The technology that he continually rejects (why does he have singular authority on these matters??) is simple and exists in other sports (e.g. video replay in rugby). The reason is obvious: it allows leeway in a match i.e. allows matches to be fixed. Watch any of the last world cups where a rich/host nation won. Italy vs US/Australia spring to mind. Penalties given and so forth. Blatter is a crook. He needs to be investigated. Someone at FIFA should wikileak him.

The next World Cup is going to be held in Brazil in the summer of 2012 (though it will be winter there). The world ends later that year on December 21st. So it doesn’t really matter.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Blatter is a crook. He needs to be investigated. > Someone at FIFA should wikileak him. agreed. why can’t the wikileak something that people actually want leaked?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, it’s pretty obvious that the international > football (soccer?) community has some degree of > disdain for the US, since soccer is a second tier > sport here try third-tier sport at least. soccer’s backbone here is illegal immigrants.

Umm how is Russia corrupt? Russia got WC for the first time, and the biggest sport by far in Russia in soccer. By far

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Umm how is Russia corrupt? Russia got WC for the > first time, and the biggest sport by far in Russia > in soccer. By far bigger than hockey?

Definitely

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Umm how is Russia corrupt? Russia got WC for the > first time, and the biggest sport by far in Russia > in soccer. By far http://lmgtfy.com/?q=russia+corrupt Take your pick & you’re welcome.

At least Sarah Palin will have a great view of the tournament in 2018.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Umm how is Russia corrupt? Russia got WC for > the > > first time, and the biggest sport by far in > Russia > > in soccer. By far > > > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=russia+corrupt > > Take your pick & you’re welcome. Wow, this is some interesting stuff, i didn’t know that! I lived in the country for 16 years and had no idea! Thank you for enlightening me, i am very grateful!

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Muddahudda Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Umm how is Russia corrupt? Russia got WC for > > the > > > first time, and the biggest sport by far in > > Russia > > > in soccer. By far > > > > > > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=russia+corrupt > > > > Take your pick & you’re welcome. > > Wow, this is some interesting stuff, i didn’t know > that! I lived in the country for 16 years and had > no idea! > > Thank you for enlightening me, i am very grateful! No problem. Other things happened in those 16 years you didnt realise Russia was corrupt. Glad you were able to get out of the basement though, those gimp suits sure can get itchy after a while.

But you just said that Russia is not corrupt!

Qatar getting to host the world cup is realy weird. I don’t see Russia hosting it as anything unusual though. Russia is a big country with a strong football/soccer tradition. They’ll do a good job I’m sure and I imagine the infrastructure improvement there will do some long term good. Majority of the money spent on Qatar sure to be wasted. I think the fact that the US and Japan hosted it so recently will have played against them.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thommo77 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > marcus phoenix Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Screw them for picking Qatar over USA. Who > the > > > heck will want to party in Qatar? > > > > > > Alcohol is allowed but you can buy and drink it > > only in certain areas. Average temperature is > > about 100 degrees. Fun times. > > And Russia is a country run by the mafia. Looks > like Rio will the only world cup I will attend. I guess you’re a pretty big deal if you think the Russian mafia will have any interest in you :slight_smile: But seriously, enough with this stupid stereotype. Downgrade your opinion of yourself a little bit and realize that middle class foreigners are of absolutely no interest to the mobsters. These people have more money than most people in the west will ever see during their life time. And also good for Qatar. I think the WC there presents a good opportunity to visit the region.